I'm 23 vol. new car or house/apt

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

neither..

keep your car
work on your credit
save your money
right. u think your credit is gonna be any better when u will be overpaying for a house or car.
dump it in a 401k

in the same position but i decided to get me a car being i get all the freedom i want i mean of course not as much as i would if i had my own crib but my mom mad cool and she dont be in my business at all so i figured i get a car first and then save for a condo and the reason im doing that is because car payments are cheaper than living on your own so i will be able to save faster by copping the car first you can look at it that way.........

My plan:
pay off student loan
cop a car
buy furniture and put in storage
cop a condo

in the same position but i decided to get me a car being i get all the freedom i want i mean of course not as much as i would if i had my own crib but my mom mad cool and she dont be in my business at all so i figured i get a car first and then save for a condo and the reason im doing that is because car payments are cheaper than living on your own so i will be able to save faster by copping the car first you can look at it that way.........

My plan:
pay off student loan
cop a car
buy furniture and put in storage
cop a condo

not to mention if you ever talk to an old head they will always tell you "stay at home save your money"

not to mention if you ever talk to an old head they will always tell you "stay at home save your money"

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Honestly I wouldn't get a house until I have my own family, that's just my opinion
^^This

If and when I get a house. I will be in a place where I can see myself in the next 30 yrs and a great area also building a family.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Honestly I wouldn't get a house until I have my own family, that's just my opinion
^^This

If and when I get a house. I will be in a place where I can see myself in the next 30 yrs and a great area also building a family.

ok should i start paying off all my debts one by one? or start building credit by getting a couple of secure credit cards/

i dont wanna get to a point where im paying off all my debt and have any fun or buy anything else

ok should i start paying off all my debts one by one? or start building credit by getting a couple of secure credit cards/

i dont wanna get to a point where im paying off all my debt and have any fun or buy anything else

Lemme put it like this, with the interest rates on credit cards, paying off your credit card debt has the best return on your investment over anything else. Stocks, bonds, savings, whatever. Except maybe drugs. Start with the one with the highest interest and work down from there.

Lemme put it like this, with the interest rates on credit cards, paying off your credit card debt has the best return on your investment over anything else. Stocks, bonds, savings, whatever. Except maybe drugs. Start with the one with the highest interest and work down from there.

Let me just add that renting is fine if you want to be young and independent. Just be reasonable and stack for the long run.

I know it's supposed to be MOB, but you make certain sacrifices in life by staying at home with the parents. I know If I have kids they're not going to be getting drunk and smashing in my house, I think it's disrespectful.

Let me just add that renting is fine if you want to be young and independent. Just be reasonable and stack for the long run.

I know it's supposed to be MOB, but you make certain sacrifices in life by staying at home with the parents. I know If I have kids they're not going to be getting drunk and smashing in my house, I think it's disrespectful.

GET A DISABILITY RATING BEFORE YOU GET OUT OF THE MILITARY!!!!!!
I know you're thinking "I'm not disabled!!!" but you can get upwards of $2500 / month for a 100% disability rating. Especially if you were deployed.

Don't get a job as a cop, cops are wack!!!

Get on unemployment, and go to college using your MGIB.

Post 9-11 MGIB pays $2200 / month + funemployment will pay about $1500/month

YOU CAN TAKE MY ADVICE, or you can work the rest of your life as a cop, and die alone

GET A DISABILITY RATING BEFORE YOU GET OUT OF THE MILITARY!!!!!!
I know you're thinking "I'm not disabled!!!" but you can get upwards of $2500 / month for a 100% disability rating. Especially if you were deployed.

Don't get a job as a cop, cops are wack!!!

Get on unemployment, and go to college using your MGIB.

Post 9-11 MGIB pays $2200 / month + funemployment will pay about $1500/month

YOU CAN TAKE MY ADVICE, or you can work the rest of your life as a cop, and die alone

yea i know bruh a lot of people are going to these doctor appointments getting disability for ptsd...

yea i know bruh a lot of people are going to these doctor appointments getting disability for ptsd...

im good.... in the field im getting into i cant claim that and shoot or fight with someone.... they would eat me in court for having that..

i been thinking about going to georgia military college in aug to be a 2lt but i already signed up to this job in my city....

im good.... in the field im getting into i cant claim that and shoot or fight with someone.... they would eat me in court for having that..

i been thinking about going to georgia military college in aug to be a 2lt but i already signed up to this job in my city....

Back
Top Bottom