i'm 5'8 and i want to play d1 football

ive played rb all my life but i like tackling people and i want to play linebacker but i feel like my height leaves me with only one position to play. im not talking about gettng into the league, im just talking d1AA football, at my height how big/fast would i have to be to walk on, and start...

The odds are nearly impossible that you play D1 linebacker at 5'8". Sorry. I'd stick with RB, you might have a chance there. Or CB.

Also, we need more facts about you... how old? where are you playing? have you gotten letters yet? have you seen success on varsity?

D1 is a LOT harder to get to than people think. Even starting for a D3 team is impressive, IMO.

Unless ur as good as Rohan Marley, I dunno how likely that you're gonna get a spot on a D1 roster as a LB.....

why make the switch from RB? Seems like if you do have D1 aspirations, you'd have a better chance trying from the offensive side of the ball seeing that you've been a RB for most of your life.

Good luck w. whatever u do....

imgname--when_companies_get_too_big---50226711--sumo-kid.jpeg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Keep Grindin fam Height is the least of ur worries at RB
That's right.

Curtis McNeal (USC RB)is a ******, but he has tree trunks for legs and is fast as #++!.

At 5'8 your options are limited, you better be gifted in other areas *cough* Speed *cough*

Originally Posted by romedadude

The man said he's talkin D1-AA and there's no doubt in my mind that that's doable.

Well, it takes a tremendous amount of skill and/or athleticism. Definitely no easy task.

You're headed straight for Special Teams. You will have to prove yourself there, first.

You can also start at a Jc and if you do well enough colleges will look at you no matter what size you are. I'm in the process of playing at a Jc myself.

Back
Top Bottom