I'm booked for Chicago, now what do I do when I get there?

Due to having broke friends, we were forced to stay in a $75/night Holiday Inn Chicago Mart hotel on West Mart Center Drive. Is there anything to do aroundhere or are we gonna have to take a cab everywhere? The only thing (besides not cocking your hat to one side or the other) I've heard about Chicago isMagnificent Mile. Can we walk there from our hole in the wall hotel?

Any info is a plus. First time to CHI

you're not even out of the action man. you're still downtown.

and...don't touch a cab...take the subway everywhere...get the unlimited pass
pimp.gif

and you're like a block or 2 from the subway so you're set.

didn't you just make a post asking what to do in chicago???

and ignore the 1st two replies as well as their ignorance being displayed

When are you gonna be there? If you are there July 17-19 I would highly suggest checking out http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/.
Otherwise hit up the Modern art museum and the Art institute of Chicago. Skip Navy Pier. Not that cool. Check out Rush Street for clubs and bars. There arequite a few amazing restaurants. If you havent had it get a Chicago style pizza. My favorite is Eduardos Natural.
If you like baseball Chicago has 2 teams. Catch a game at Wrigley, ozzie loves it there.
Check out this website, http://www.grantparkmusicfestival.com/. Grant park has the nations onlymunicipally supported free classical music series. It is very cool.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I did but that was a few weeks ago, i didnt make any search tags and its buried deep in NT General now. No chance I can grade dig that one backup.

Last weekend (Th-Sun) in July too if that helps

Als Beef is garbage. You might as well go to Portillos a couple of blocks down. Check out the Sears Tower obsevatory, they got some ledge that sticks out about4 feet.

Your hotel is straight. You're next to the merchandise mart. You can buy a CTA 1-day pass and get around. Don't waste your money on cabs. Walk alongthe river to state st and michigan ave. Too many restaurants but I will name drop Portillos for a double cheeseburger or italian beef.

check out chicago red eye. They can plug you on clibs and whatnot while you're in town.

You'll be straight downtown, don't worry.

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I did but that was a few weeks ago, i didnt make any search tags and its buried deep in NT General now. No chance I can grade dig that one back up.

Last weekend (Th-Sun) in July too if that helps
http://niketalk.com/topic/186794
smh.gif

Mannnnn I paid that much for a room at the Michigan Ave. Marriot. Used a friend of a friend of a friends Marriot employee code
laugh.gif

Me and my girl went to the Hancock observatory and that was cool, Gino's East was awesome for food, shopping was all on point all the way down the strip.

And idc what anyone says, Harry Carey's was damn good

the fitted cap store in the water tower is a come up throw one on and walk out he wont do nothing cuz he in there alone

Back
Top Bottom