I'm from Canada! Oh! Oh! Oh! CANADA

Originally Posted by ebpo

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by the north west

at the end of the day you still listen to our music and watch our movies

So true.
roll.gif

Also, keep in mind... You guys were paying more attention to our election than your own election.
smh.gif

Cause it was a surprise for everyone in the world to see Americans open their mind and elect a black president
smile.gif
RIGHT ?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by And I Love It

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

wow it must suck to live in canada... cornballs

Why? Because we have health care? What about it is "suck"e?

It seems like you guys actually DO care about hockey judging by your ignorant and just terrible statements that don't need to be said.
laugh.gif
http://www.nationalpost.c...ws/story.html?id=2510700

2326143.bin

How is that working out for you guys again?

This thread has gone from bad to worse.

That's about as bad as Michael Moore taken a few people to Cuba and making everyone think Cuba's HC>US hc.
Shut up,

This is not even close. the Premier of Newfoundland needed something done that was not offered in his province so he did it in the US, he could of went to some other location in Canada but he wanted to go to his summer house to recover. America's health care system is the same thing as a 3rd world countries, Cuba's health care is better, Canada's health care is A LOT better

Im a proud Canadian but i will never understand why we get so happy about winning sports we are suppose to win, We spent 120 million training our athletes in niche sports that no one cares about and get happy about the results. SMH if i spent 120 million i would expect to be first overall not 3rd
tired.gif

US spent 50 million and got 37 medals
Canada spent 120 million anf got 26 medals

Americans think that their silvers and bronzes count for something.These medals only count when a tie exists between nations with equalnumbers of gold medals. Canada has won more gold medals than any othernation on planet earth in the history of the Winter Olympic Games!! Weare truly the champions and for the next 4 years we have NO TIME FORLOSERS!!!!�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Don't count for something? 
laugh.gif
Yeah anyways.  And you're making it sound like 5 more Gold medals than the US is really that major of an accomplishment considering TWO of them were in Hockey which is your SPORT?!  I mean congrats and all but COME ON MAN!! 
[h3]Winter Games: Medal Count[/h3] - Add to iGoogle
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Gold [/td][td]Silver [/td][td]Bronze [/td][td]Total [/td][/tr][tr][td]1. [/td][td]
USA.gif
 [/td][td]United States [/td][td]9 [/td][td]15 [/td][td]13 [/td][td]37 [/td][/tr][tr][td]2. [/td][td]
DEU.gif
 [/td][td]Germany [/td][td]10 [/td][td]13 [/td][td]7 [/td][td]30 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3. [/td][td]
CAN.gif
 [/td][td]Canada [/td][td]14 [/td][td]7 [/td][td]5 [/td][td]26 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
www.vancouver2010.com

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Hey, which nation's National Hockey League do all these Canadian players compete in?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL
The league was organized in 1917 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I think he means that out of the 30 NHL Teams...all but 6 are in the USA
nerd.gif

Look I spend alot time in Canada and know alot Canadians and I think the nation of Canada as a whole has a HUGE little brother complex with the USA. I mean look at the culture pretty much they take everything from the USA. Canada is so protectionist in its policies toward the US its not even funny. I guess all those Canadian content requirements have been good for music coming from there....Tragically Hip,Drake,Feist, Alanis Morrisette etc.

I love how Canadians claim that the US sucks etc but seriously 85 percent of them would love to live in the USA and they know it deep in their hearts. I mean why wouldnt you The US basically has the same culture with better weather, less expensive, less taxes, cheaper schools, better entertainment etc.

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put  down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

Canada just do you

This
This

I hate, with a passion, how when Canadians travel abroad they put a Canadian flag on their backpack so no-one mistakes them for Americans.

So gay.

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Hey, which nation's National Hockey League do all these Canadian players compete in?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL

I think he means that out of the 30 NHL Teams...all but 6 are in the USA
nerd.gif

Look I spend alot time in Canada and know alot Canadians and I think the nation of Canada as a whole has a HUGE little brother complex with the USA. I mean look at the culture pretty much they take everything from the USA. Canada is so protectionist in its policies toward the US its not even funny. I guess all those Canadian content requirements have been good for music coming from there....Tragically Hip,Drake,Feist, Alanis Morrisette etc.

I love how Canadians claim that the US sucks etc but seriously 85 percent of them would love to live in the USA and they know it deep in their hearts. I mean why wouldnt you The US basically has the same culture with better weather, less expensive, less taxes, cheaper schools, better entertainment etc.

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put  down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

Canada just do you

This
/thread

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I hate, with a passion, how when Canadians travel abroad they put a Canadian flag on their backpack so no-one mistakes them for Americans.

So gay.
Americans do that too
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kien

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL
You had to look it up, so really your point is nullified.

You think I wouldn't know that it was found in Canada? I just didn't know the exact city.
because that city doesnt matter.  no cities in canada matter.
toronto > MAJORITY of the cities in the US
only NYC, LA, chicago, and a few more are better than t-dot

Man, say anything you want about Canada. I live here, and I love it. I would never leave.

Better and better everytime I watch.
pimp.gif

dynamic_resize

congrats to the Canadian team, but you OP do a disservice to your country with your poor attempts at trolling

i live in canada and have been here my whole life (25 years).

i go to school in detroit (commute every day)
i work in detroit (on campus)
my girl is american, lives in michigan
i plan on going to grad school in the US
i plan on starting my career and living in the US

canada has been great to me. canada's win was GREAT yesterday. i will always say that i am canadian.

but, for me, US > Canada

Originally Posted by jmal519

i live in canada and have been here my whole life (25 years).

i go to school in detroit (commute every day)
i work in detroit (on campus)
my girl is american, lives in michigan
i plan on going to grad school in the US
i plan on starting my career and living in the US

canada has been great to me. canada's win was GREAT yesterday. i will always say that i am canadian.

but, for me, US > Canada
Good sheeeeesh.

MI > _____.

nice to see some traffic in the canada forum - GO CANADA!

this argument is pointless - americans love america and canadians love canada....can't we all just get along? except for when it comes to hockey and only hockey!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by kien

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL
You had to look it up, so really your point is nullified.

You think I wouldn't know that it was found in Canada? I just didn't know the exact city.
because that city doesnt matter.  no cities in canada matter.
toronto > MAJORITY of the cities in the US
only NYC, LA, chicago, and a few more are better than t-dot

Thats true but if you asked a majority of Americans to name the 10 top cities in North America. I bet less than 25 would include Toronto in the list. If you said CN Tower to most Americans they'd give a
indifferent.gif
   I'm telling you most Americans dont even think about Canada.

^that just speaks to how naive and senseless some americans can be - not how much better the US is to Canada. We all see that quite frequently on leno and letterman when they interview ppl on the streets.

Shout out to montreal for giving us our baseball team back.

Seriously though, as cold as it sounds, canada is a punchline to the average american...if ever mentioned.

For me personally, my parents have a home in Huntington Beach, Cali and one where we live most of the year as in Ottawa, Canada (the capital). I am Canadian but I spend a bit of time in Cali, I love the US for what it offers when it comes to having a good time, entertainment and etc but I will always prefer Canada's bigger city (Vancouver, MTL, Toronto) when it comes to say raising a family. Thats just me though. Both have pros and cons but as problematic our health care system is, when you are in dying need of a surgery that will allow you to live or die, Canada will make sure you get it whereas the states, I can't say that and if you live, you are footed with a STUPID bill. Sure, it sucks paying so much tax but I look at it as contributing to the pot for when I need medical attention and etc.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by sauuceking

As a Canadian I don't know why some of y'all are so cocky about a sport we were supposed to dominate in 
ohwell.gif
 That's like a senior varsity squad playing against a bunch of primary school kids, they're just expected to win. It's also funny how some of you guys are trying to prove a point using Amercian pop culture references....face it 
frown.gif
Please.

As Canadians, we are usually known as the nice ones and so reluctant to assert superiority in anything. Yes, we do often shake our heads at our swaggering neighbor to the south for their egotistical pride and boasting. But, this is the right opportunity where we can talk about how many gold medals our athletes won holding our head up high and our hands on our hearts.I kind of like it this way. Canadians are more self-effacing as a nation. But, there is nothing wrong with being proud about your achievements and believing in yourself, and that certainly does not diminish our nicecess. 

So what if we are boasting about a sport we should dominate in? It is the fact that we are celebrating our win of a national winter sport that a lot of Canadians have a passion for. This is a historic and epic moment which made us Canadians stronger, more united, more in love with our country and more connected than ever before. A moment that completely lifted up the whole nation. It is an understatement to say how proud we are and shoud be for winning gold for a sport Canadians love on our home soil hosted by our country. Boasting a bit surely does not hurt at all. If anything, we've earned it.
But you put Palestine ahead of this country
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by And I Love It

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

wow it must suck to live in canada... cornballs

Why? Because we have health care? What about it is "suck"e?

It seems like you guys actually DO care about hockey judging by your ignorant and just terrible statements that don't need to be said.
laugh.gif
http://www.nationalpost.c...ws/story.html?id=2510700

2326143.bin

How is that working out for you guys again?

This thread has gone from bad to worse.

That's about as bad as Michael Moore taken a few people to Cuba and making everyone think Cuba's HC>US hc.
Shut up,

This is not even close. the Premier of Newfoundland needed something done that was not offered in his province so he did it in the US, he could of went to some other location in Canada but he wanted to go to his summer house to recover. America's health care system is the same thing as a 3rd world countries, Cuba's health care is better, Canada's health care is A LOT better

Im a proud Canadian but i will never understand why we get so happy about winning sports we are suppose to win, We spent 120 million training our athletes in niche sports that no one cares about and get happy about the results. SMH if i spent 120 million i would expect to be first overall not 3rd
tired.gif

US spent 50 million and got 37 medals
Canada spent 120 million anf got 26 medals
You DO know that the HOST country was Canada, right? Which meant there would obviously be more money spent in hosting Olympics. Hosting + supporting their athletes = alot of money.

And plus, I heard it was US and China that financially supports their athletes all the way. Canadian athletes aren't supported as much from the government.

Mister Friendly, that just goes to show how ignorant some Americans are. You can accuse Canadians of having an inferiority complex all you want but at least many of them are aware of what is going on in the world around them. How many Americans even know what the capital of Canada is? It's kind of sad that some Americans talk about how great their country is and how they'd never want to live anywhere else when they pretty much dont know what the rest of the world is like. It's kind of like driving a Hyundai Elantra as your first car and saying "This is the best car ever! I'll never want to try or own any other car!"

To the genius that said "Canadians watch American movies/listen to American songs"...lets not forget that an estimated 2000 Hollywood movies/tv shows have been shot in Canada in the last few years. Lets not forget that Americans watch a great amount of Canadian actors and listen to a lot of Canadian musicians. Lets not forget that many successful comedians in the U.S. are Canadian, and decide to make the move to the U.S. because your population is 10x bigger.

And to the geniuses that said "no one in America cares". Apparently 27.6 million Americans cared (the amount of people that watched it on NBC yesterday).  NBC got more viewers yesterday for a sport "no one cares about" than the 2009 World Series and 2009 NBA Finals.

Edit: Canada will never win as many medals as the U.S. in any Olympics. Not when they have 10x the population as us and continue to spend more money to train their athletes.

Back
Top Bottom