Ima go ahead and say this was the best hip-hop album of 2006

I'm 100% serious too, but 90% of you cats probably aint even listen!
smh.gif

Joint has TOO many bangers
Project GTA
Rainman
So Ill, So Dope
B.I.T.C.H.
Why Ima Gangsta
Kill You
Beastin' Out

.. the list goes on

Alot of y'all have misconceptions of Bay Raps, there's a few out here who know whats up tho
laugh.gif

If you trynna get into Hus, I would Start with "Huslin Since Da 80s"
Mob Trial 1 Came out in 2006 too(certified CLASSIC BTW)

this is more of an appreciation thread than anything, but ill stand by my opinion

HHiD isnt better and i love F&L but ill take that as #2

bruh I F's with some Hus tough but man dopest album of 2006? I don't think so, maybe dopes t bay or cali album of '06
Although this album was very dope hence the title, I bought huslin since the 80's again this past summer just for the album artwork and to have something else to slap besides Tear Gas and man both of those cd's as well as a compilation I've made of mob Figaz and moneygang mob got me through the whole summer.

It's crazy how NT looooooooooooooooves to praise authentic n_'s but at the same time wants to act like modern bay rap doesn't exist, or worse, that it's lacking in quality.

I won't say it the best of 06, but you know I love this album right here and it is a classic.

^Truth, Bay block music>>> ATL Trap Muzik

if anybody heard J stalin or Rydah J Klyde they would immediately think > Oj da Juiceman

Jacka> Jeezy

Hus> Gucci

Taj He spitz would probably eat a lot of east coast/southern battler rappers EASY

we keeps it gutta gutta no sugar coatin in our street music that's why I love it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It's crazy how NT looooooooooooooooves to praise authentic n_'s but at the same time wants to act like modern bay rap doesn't exist, or worse, that it's lacking in quality.

I won't say it the best of 06, but you know I love this album right here and it is a classic.
You know I've prolly  been one of the biggest haters of Bay Area rap on here
sick.gif
laugh.gif
but I actually gave this dude a listen, only peeped Huslin since the 80's and I actually thourougly enjoyed it.  I'll definitely give this a DL...

Bay Area Rap does lack in quality.  No more than SoCal rap does though. And I'm not a hater of West Coast rap cause West Coast prolly has the best underground scene of the ever  ie. PUTS, Dialated People, Hierglyphics, Del.  That is not to say their aren't any decent artists from the area, I enjoy a lil' Cylde Carson but as a whole the majority of the !#!$ I've heard is wack.

^if you liked huslin since da 80's I can recommend you a compilation of artists/songs from the bay area I know you'll like, that is if you're willing to take a chance....
after you listen to some of this you won't want to turn on the radio I guarantee

The difference with rap from the bay is a lot of these dudes really live this sh!+

because they stay doin sit downs/timeouts word to Messy and hus 
laugh.gif

smh.gif

edit: <<<looks at post count

"seven oh sev...Now Say It Backwards!!!"
roll.gif

I never heard of this dude and from what he's spitting on that song I don't want to. Nice beat tho.

Dude lookin like a crab holdin a stack and gripping his genitals.

I don't know if dude qualifies as Bay Music but I usually only *#%% with The Jacka

Master zik, I am extremely surprised you haven't heard of hus if you know who jacka is. But I seen you from NY and I know jacka has made it all the way out there cuz hus has been in jail since '06 and hasn't been able to put out any new material until recently, he's jacka's partner in crime they grew up together and are on all each other's albums except a very few

he's like the yin to jacka's yang they're styles are completely opposite but that's why they go together so well, you got the laid back, humble 1 which is Jack and the crazy wild, I'll beat yo asz and take yo B cuz im disrespectful like that Husalah

He freestyles everything he says by the way that's what's so raw about him
you gotta slap this dudes music in the car too, his bass lines are crazy, beats is just sick overall, it's that slap it in my whip with the windows down ridin down the street blowin an L type music

unless you're a devoted fan you won't appreciate his music as much if you listen to it on like an ipod or somethin, Jacka be the 1 for the ipod
pimp.gif

I've heard him rap a couple times but it hasn't left much of an impression. I need to hear dudes solo work for me to make a judgment unless they completely demolished the dude who let them on the song. That's why I said I haven't heard of dude. His rap name aint really stay in my memory like that.

I guess I'll check the album tho.

^dude has a cult following in the bay, if you know who him and jacka are they're equally expected in the bay, jacka has more media coverage and recognition outside of cali though

"2003 they caught ya boy grinding,
federal case, that's outa state 13 cakes,
best friend turned snitch, told the whole %%%@,
had me on one on the run, layin low,
I was tucked in the Rich and docked in the O,
can't forget about my Hunters Point era,
I was on the run from the feds in the hottest block in America"

My n Hus got joints maine.

Back
Top Bottom