IMAX or xD? Which is better?

When I've seen TRUE Imax...then I'd prefer Imax. I've ran into a lot of theaters out here (in the bay area) that claim to be Imax and the screen isn't that much bigger than a regular theater. xD is pretty awesome though.

I guess xD is Cinemark's response to IMAX, but it sounds like they just blow up the movies to a larger screen...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I guess xD is Cinemark's response to IMAX, but it sounds like they just blow up the movies to a larger screen...

imax does the same thing when it comes to almost all shown films, only a few movies actually shoot with the imax camera and even then its only for certain scenes

No idea what xD is but ive only been to an IMAX movie once and it was 7 years ago with my mom and she felt nauseous the whole time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

imax does the same thing when it comes to almost all shown films, only a few movies actually shoot with the imax camera and even then its only for certain scenes
so is it a push? if a film says its in IMAX 3D and it's also playing in XD, there has to be a difference in the way the movie was prepared for IMAX 3D.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

so is it a push? if a film says its in IMAX 3D and it's also playing in XD, there has to be a difference in the way the movie was prepared for IMAX 3D.

all that stuff is done in post production to adhere to however the theater displays 3d and how the audience receives it in a technological sense

if thats your question then i cant really give an answer because ive never seen xD 3d, or even xD (not sure if theres any round my way, ill have to check)

but if its just a general question about technical differences or differences in experience, neither actually shows films in whatever native resolution the the theatres are other then a select few scenes in imax

interesting.

just dont wanna be wasting money when i can see something in a better format.

Only recently found out that imax is an actual format they shoot in.

Used to think it was just a brolic screen 
embarassed.gif

XD is awesome. The quality is damn good but what makes it better is the seats in the theater (at least the one in Union City) are big and comfortable.

the theater i went to with XD the seats were built for 2...and they were plush as hell just sank right in em...

the screen was huuuuuuuuuuuuuge...... yet the way everything was set up you could probably sit anywhere and get a good viewing

Back
Top Bottom