Incarcerated For 5 Months, Case Goes To Trial and I am Found Not Guilty... Compensation?

Originally Posted by Informerx

He almost broke dood's nose in jail, that wasn't the original altercation.
Damn.  Scratch that part of my reply then...I stand corrected.  
Still not sure that changes anything about compensation for the 5 months in the clink though....only b/c the system is grimey.  I hope it does work out though--it would be FAIR.  After all, isn't that the premise the whole system was built upon?!  Such an oxymoron the court/criminal justice system is.  SMH.  

I'd be livid if I was you OP!

file a complaint/sue the people or authorities that wrongfully accused you.

I'd be livid if I was you OP!

file a complaint/sue the people or authorities that wrongfully accused you.

i dont think u could get any money because you weren't wrongly convicted.. you were locked up proving your innocence.. and you proved it

u was on the island tho? what building?

i dont think u could get any money because you weren't wrongly convicted.. you were locked up proving your innocence.. and you proved it

u was on the island tho? what building?

Damn, my dude...had no idea you were goin' through it like that. I'm up here in the Bronx now, don't mess with the Lower anymore.

Not the most knowledgeable dude when it comes to the legal system especially in ol' corrupt New York but def seek out a professional. To some, 5 months ain't the longest of bids but when away from your family...S_ feels like forever. You should def see some of sort of compensation, maybe even have your record expunged?

Damn, my dude...had no idea you were goin' through it like that. I'm up here in the Bronx now, don't mess with the Lower anymore.

Not the most knowledgeable dude when it comes to the legal system especially in ol' corrupt New York but def seek out a professional. To some, 5 months ain't the longest of bids but when away from your family...S_ feels like forever. You should def see some of sort of compensation, maybe even have your record expunged?

I know nothing of the issue at hand, so I'm not gonna try and throw you some knowledge that isn't real. I'll give you all I can give -- welcome home and good luck bruh. NT fam is behind you.

I know nothing of the issue at hand, so I'm not gonna try and throw you some knowledge that isn't real. I'll give you all I can give -- welcome home and good luck bruh. NT fam is behind you.

Damn G that's a foul situation 
tired.gif

Bump what everyone else says tho, get an attorney that's willing to work this case with you and go for it.

idc if it's only 5months that's still too much time to be away from your daughter and fam for something you didn't do
and i'm willing to bet that if you file a civil suit against the state of NY and the D.A. they might throw you some hush money.

Either way good luck and keep us posted.

Damn G that's a foul situation 
tired.gif

Bump what everyone else says tho, get an attorney that's willing to work this case with you and go for it.

idc if it's only 5months that's still too much time to be away from your daughter and fam for something you didn't do
and i'm willing to bet that if you file a civil suit against the state of NY and the D.A. they might throw you some hush money.

Either way good luck and keep us posted.

I spent a night in nyc bookings wrong accused and lawyers are telling me i can get around 20-25k so definetly go for it you cant lose anything.

I spent a night in nyc bookings wrong accused and lawyers are telling me i can get around 20-25k so definetly go for it you cant lose anything.

Damn bro sorry to hear about the situation any updates on it. this is one of my biggest fears, Because some drunk $+!*#+% was drunk and accused him dude is now placed in rikers for 5 months without committing a single crime. Then when he gets out its supposed to be all peaches and everyone is suppose to just forget a "mistake"

Damn bro sorry to hear about the situation any updates on it. this is one of my biggest fears, Because some drunk $+!*#+% was drunk and accused him dude is now placed in rikers for 5 months without committing a single crime. Then when he gets out its supposed to be all peaches and everyone is suppose to just forget a "mistake"

Back
Top Bottom