Increasing Vertical....

What's the best exercise to do?

Right now I'm following the Air Alert 2 program while throwing in some squats and other stuff.

Of course plyometrics are sposed to be hard on your knees so what could I do to make sure my knees don't get jacked up?(would buying a sandbox begood?
wink.gif
)

EDIT: Also what are some good insoles? My feet are flat so I suppose that adds to the strain.

pylos + Squats combined will give you the most boost gain Get the vert bible too, you should be able to find it online for free, the ebook of it dont over doit, less is more with some of that stuff

plyos (with or without weight vest and/or ankle weights), running with resistance (ie running w/ a chute into the wind), running stairs and frog jumps as faras arobic exercises. as far as anarobic exercises: sit ups/crunches, squats, calf press, and leg curls (not to be confused w/ leg extensions)...oh andstretching really good before and after the exercises, that is really key. this is how my volleyball team trained during the off season and preseason.

All you need is Adenotrex, and I happen to be selling a bottle for 60% off retail

laugh.gif
I'm half joking. I just have 1 last bottle I need to get rid of. But seriously, it's a good supplement, but I need to be more into something tohelp me lose weight, not a Krealkalyn/alpha gpc/taurine/d ribose/MSM/phenolendron bark supplement. I need more something with like caffeine and maybe eveneohedrine in it,

Well quit promoting it in every vertical related thread, that stuff is junk and anyone stupid enough to buy that should off them selves.

Nope dont take any supplements. That company is smart because they sell crap to kids who want to dunk, they are making a killing by fooling people. Like i saidwho ever believes what they say should be scammed outta their money. No pills will make you dunk, period. Only way you can dunk is by hard work in the gym andplaying basketball.

screw training, this is all you need for a better vert. i personally guarantee this product will work
europa-trampoline-md.jpg

Gym.

Squats, Lunges, Dead Lifts. Do that to build some 'base' power/strength, then after that cycle, participate in some plyometrics and sprint training.

The Vertical Jump Bible is a good read too.

A good core is also beneficial, weighted crunches (obliques, lower, upper etc..) and a strong lower back.

What are jump squats? same as squats but with a jump? That would hurt your knees

Plyometrics get some jumpsoles + weight training [squats/cleans ect] and that'll do wonders for your vert.

jump squats work like a charm, any explosive exercise will help you jump but most importantly you should focus on your core, thinking positions work reallywell too.

Originally Posted by freshpearojeiys

jump squats work like a charm, any explosive exercise will help you jump but most importantly you should focus on your core, thinking positions work really well too.

true that...pilates help a lot.

why does everyone always forget the abs...work on your abs tough which you use the most actually for jumping. Most people don't know this and theyautomatically think the legs but the abdominal muscles is what you should focus on and then working out in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom