Incredible ACG feature on Sneaker Freaker (Tinker interview, among others) EDIT -Part 2 now up

thanks for posting. that was a great article. i'm currently looking into getting a few pairs from the acg line, and this really makes me excited. it'sgood to know the history of a line.

if you're a real sneakerhead, you should like the article.

amazing. thanks. sooo many shoes I have forgotten about too.

I love these..
1234229298ASHIKOBOOTjpg.jpg

one thing I always loved about the ACG line is that they were never afraid to be weird. The colors and the styling were just so different. I think that islacking at Nike now across the board.

I wonder when those flywire boots come out and if they are waterproof? Anybody know anything?

BLCO, thanks for posting. Definitely worth every page.

I have to say.....the Air Mada was one of my favorite shoes growing up. So, so, so comfortable! Hell, I used to even ball in the them! Besides thebrown/tan/org OG colorway FootAction made exclusive blk/blk/white and white/blk colorways of this shoe. I'd kill for another pair of the blk/blk/white....

If they retro the Mada, I hope they do it right....

Great information and knowledge to gain from that. I wish nike themselves would do this sort of thing more often. there is so much unknown to the averageconsumer, whether by choice of the consumer or by nike

Good info... thanks... didn't realize how much of an impact Tinker had on ACG...

First off,that new Ashiko ACG is deadly! A MUST HAVE!

I had the Mowabb when I was younger and wore them to death! It's hands down one of my favorite sneakers in any category and to know the science behind themis a beautiful thing (damn I need those in my life again).

I love the fact that Tinker admits to really being a rebel when it comes to designing shoes (not that he really had to) and I think that that frame of mind isneeded now more than ever across the board!

I wish they'd incorporate those earthy flavors into new ACG product as well.

Great post blco!

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

BLCO, thanks for posting. Definitely worth every page.

I have to say.....the Air Mada was one of my favorite shoes growing up. So, so, so comfortable! Hell, I used to even ball in the them! Besides the brown/tan/org OG colorway FootAction made exclusive blk/blk/white and white/blk colorways of this shoe. I'd kill for another pair of the blk/blk/white....

If they retro the Mada, I hope they do it right....

Air Madas were amazing. I love how the shoe evolved. It was never totally drastic. Were there two or three Madas?

Great article.

Love when someone with a passion for what they do is allowed to run wild and truly do things outside of the norm without bein held down by whoever they areworkin for.

Ok so where the hell can i get those flywire boots in a size 12???

Originally Posted by Manglor

Ok so where the hell can i get those flywire boots in a size 12???
The Ashiko's a Holiday 2009 product, so you'll have to sit tight until October or so... hang in there!
wink.gif

Great article - thank you. Air Mowabbs (OG or retro) & the simple cw of tan, blue & mandarin orange are a classic colourway combo that even Nike cannotmess up

Air Mowabb colourway IMO = AM95 Neon Yellows in terms of favorite Nike colour scheme
smile.gif

I too, wore my OG Air Madas into the ground at work until I had to ditch them with a hole in the sole
frown.gif

If only Sneaker Freaker issues weren't like $15 per magazine here I'd grab a hard copy issue more consistently

1. Original Mowabb
2. Nike Air Crested Butte
3. Terra Humara
4. Air Mada

My absolute favorites!

I hope I'm not late... new pics of the Ashiko flywire boot perhaps?

Brand: Nike
Type: Hiking
Release Date: Holiday 2009
Color: flnt/gry/blk
DSC_3764_CROP.jpg
DSC_3765_CROP.jpg
DSC_3766_CROP.jpg
DSC_3767_CROP.jpg
DSC_3768_CROP.jpg
DSC_3769_CROP.jpg
DSC_3804_CROP.jpg

that article was posted a few months back, but definitely nice to see it again....nice interviews and features presented...

Back
Top Bottom