Independent Podular System Question (Air Jordan 21-22)

Can someone explain to me how exactly does it work?  The descriptions that I've read so far have been insubstantial in giving some actual scientific reasoning being that technology.  I know it helps dissipate pressure applied, or something to that extent, but I don't know the specifics.
Are the individual IPS pods supported by Air of any kind ? (Zoom or Air Sole)

Any insight would be appreciated.  

Can someone explain to me how exactly does it work?  The descriptions that I've read so far have been insubstantial in giving some actual scientific reasoning being that technology.  I know it helps dissipate pressure applied, or something to that extent, but I don't know the specifics.
Are the individual IPS pods supported by Air of any kind ? (Zoom or Air Sole)

Any insight would be appreciated.  

I'm right there with you, udntnoeme01. I also would like to know what (if anything) they actually do.
What i do know is that both of my XXI's and my XXII's are very comfortable and 

perform greatly

I'm right there with you, udntnoeme01. I also would like to know what (if anything) they actually do.
What i do know is that both of my XXI's and my XXII's are very comfortable and 

perform greatly

Let me take a stab at answering you guys, IPS setup is simply like pillars.  It's a phylon/foam type of material that absorbs the most impact upon landing, hence pressure points on the foot. 

It was first introduced with the AJXX's, back then people were questioning the "air" in "Air Jordan" because the shoe had no air technology whatsoever.  As for the XX1 and XX2, both came with interchangeable heel units for "encapsulated air" and "zoom air".  Some people say they do feel a difference while most others believe it's just a marketing gimmick.  

Let me take a stab at answering you guys, IPS setup is simply like pillars.  It's a phylon/foam type of material that absorbs the most impact upon landing, hence pressure points on the foot. 

It was first introduced with the AJXX's, back then people were questioning the "air" in "Air Jordan" because the shoe had no air technology whatsoever.  As for the XX1 and XX2, both came with interchangeable heel units for "encapsulated air" and "zoom air".  Some people say they do feel a difference while most others believe it's just a marketing gimmick.  

back then people were questioning the "air" in "Air Jordan"
it's just a marketing gimmick.
BINGO!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JB listened.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Personally, I never felt the difference between the two. But this feature/benefit to the sneakers did make them stand out from all the other J's. To me, that there is a marketing gimmick.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*shrugs*[/font]

back then people were questioning the "air" in "Air Jordan"
it's just a marketing gimmick.
BINGO!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JB listened.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Personally, I never felt the difference between the two. But this feature/benefit to the sneakers did make them stand out from all the other J's. To me, that there is a marketing gimmick.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*shrugs*[/font]

^^^There is definitely a difference between them. It is a gimmick but there is a difference.

^^^There is definitely a difference between them. It is a gimmick but there is a difference.

I agree too! Where is the "Air" in Air Jordans? Especially an Air Jordan I. But how can a shoe have "encapsulated air" in the heel ANDD "zoom air" in the heel at the SAME time.???? My cousin actually balled in his XX1 until the sole came off. His said it was one of the best balling shoes ever.

I agree too! Where is the "Air" in Air Jordans? Especially an Air Jordan I. But how can a shoe have "encapsulated air" in the heel ANDD "zoom air" in the heel at the SAME time.???? My cousin actually balled in his XX1 until the sole came off. His said it was one of the best balling shoes ever.

kenlu lets you explore them visually
http://www.kenlu.net/foru...X-3-4-2010-12_54921.html

10067304.jpg

61534821.jpg

oh look, air inside!

^ ftw

There is definitely a difference between them.

You right, my boy got the same pair I did few years back and said that too. They were on the sale rack at champs so we both tested them out on the courts. After a few games they both felt the same to me. But I guess to each his own.

I used the zoom pods first then switched em out, after a while I really couldn't tell the difference. Maybe I just worn em out too quickly?? Maybe thats why they were on the sale rack who knows...

One of my favorite kicks to ball in tho, while they lasted.

^ ftw

There is definitely a difference between them.

You right, my boy got the same pair I did few years back and said that too. They were on the sale rack at champs so we both tested them out on the courts. After a few games they both felt the same to me. But I guess to each his own.

I used the zoom pods first then switched em out, after a while I really couldn't tell the difference. Maybe I just worn em out too quickly?? Maybe thats why they were on the sale rack who knows...

One of my favorite kicks to ball in tho, while they lasted.

Back
Top Bottom