Indoor&Outdoor BASKETBALL

Hi all.

1:Which ball do you recommend for indoors? I read that the Tf-1000 Zk Pro and the Wilson Evolution are the best? Have you tried the Wilson WAVE?

2: What is in you opinion the most durable yet great performing basketball for outdoors? What about the Jordan Championship Basketball, is it durable enough?

Comparisons are highly appreciated!

Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I have 2 friends who bought this ball for indoors and its awesome IMO and cheap. Grip is ideal and the leather feels great as you release a jumper.

http://store.nike.com/?co...-inline/cid-1/pid-257514
Yeah I know that it's one of the best choices for that price
pimp.gif
 but I guess I am looking for top performance(Indoor ball) combined with durability(for outdoors) no matter the price
wink.gif

Any other opinions guys?

TF-1000's are suited for indoor use. They are great indoor balls, but durability on outdoor courts is probably not so great.

Wilson Evos are okay, but something about them has always thrown me off. I much prefer the TF-1000's, or the Nike 3005/4005.

Stay away from the Waves. I thought they were pretty interesting and they feel nice, but that wavy pattern is really awkward.

I would just shell out for two balls, one for indoor and one for outdoor. If you can't do that, you might as well get a ball suited for outdoors and use it indoors.

I currently am using the tf1000 I prefer it over the pro because I feel the grooves are a little bit too deep.

I know some people have recommended The Rock it's made by anaconda sports and it's a pretty good price. I haven't personally tried it though.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

TF-1000's are suited for indoor use. They are great indoor balls, but durability on outdoor courts is probably not so great.

Wilson Evos are okay, but something about them has always thrown me off. I much prefer the TF-1000's, or the Nike 3005/4005.

Stay away from the Waves. I thought they were pretty interesting and they feel nice, but that wavy pattern is really awkward.

I would just shell out for two balls, one for indoor and one for outdoor. If you can't do that, you might as well get a ball suited for outdoors and use it indoors.
I know that the TF-1000 is a recommendation, that's for sure as well as the Wilson Evos. You are not the only one stating that the Wilson Waves is an odd feeling ball I guess I'll stay away from it. For outdoors I meant a ball that is specifically made for outdoors and performs great yet is durable.
Well, I will possibly get two balls as you said one for indoor and one for outdoor.

So for indoor it's rather TF-1000 or Evolution but for outdoors I am not sure yet..
tired.gif

JJC6723  thanks for the comment on the ZK PRO, I hear a lot of people saying that the feel is a bit ankward and you have to get used to it though I have never played with a ZK PRO I still can imagine what you mean.

i have the TF1000 zk pro and it a great ball, it has good grip and breaks in once you play with it over time. ive also have played using the TF1000 non-pro and felt that the leather was softer once it was broken in and it too is a good ball, its really preference.

as for the wilson evo i only recently got to play with that ball, its funny bc at this gym i go to which is in a different county, EVERYONE had a wilson evo ball whereas the gym i usually play at everyone has a TF ball...the wilson has a very soft feel to them and feels lighter than the TF and made me think it was underweight or something (felt a little off) but the touch of the ball is nice and soft like a marshmellowy feel and a bit smoother/slick in terms of dribble.

i am thinking of buying the wilson evo or the TF1000 non-pro version just as a back up since i got a coupon.

so imo I highly recommend the spalding TF ball, its very durable and gets better with time.

The wilson balls are very easy to palm. I mean I can palm a TF1000 but not as I'm driving. The wilson I can dribble and as I gather I can palm it and go up with it. One of the gyms I play at they use it. It's a nice ball but something always seems off about it for me. Either too heavy, too light, and too easy to palm.

I like the Evolution over the 1000 series personally. Can't really go wrong either way, it's mostly based off personal preference.

best indoor is the spalding nba leather official ball. although it takes about 6 months of serious indoor ball for it to break in.

I am on my fourth Evo in about the last 7 years. Great thing about it is it is ready to go straight out of the box. No break in time, and no "wear in" for the cover to become less slick like the TF.

Back
Top Bottom