Info on BU or BC?

I was just wondering if anyone here has attended either of the schools (Boston University or Boston College) and what their thoughts about the respectiveschools are?

I'm looking to go to one of the schools for a master's degree in a couple of years. How are the academics? How hard is it to get into the programs(graduate)? How's life in Boston (i'm from the midwest)? What are some good areas to rent a place at?

Thanks for any help.

bu is trash.
bc has very good academics, outside of the city of the boston, great sports team, beautiful campus, GORGEOUS girls, and a great reputation.
what kind of program are you applying to?

Sucks to BU...j/p, but seriously BU sucks...I go to BC now (class of '09)...I love it here...I agree with the guy above me...great campus and sports ingeneral...Girls are fire for the most part...and all the academic programs here are solid...I'm a physics major and math minor, but a lot of my friends arein the Caroll School of Management, which is like top 10 or 20 business schools in the country...there are no real con's about BC other than the fact thatthere are a lot of spoiled rich kids, but you get used to it and you will get a great education and a degree that will guarantee you a job when yougraduate...I had a 1300 SAT and 32 ACT and a 94 unweighted GPA and I got in, but it had gotten harder to get in because of the record number of applicants...Irent an apartment in probably the nicest building you can live in off campus (17th floor penthouse) and our rent is like $2900 a month for 4 people, whichisn't bad...plenty of places to rent though around the school...hope this helps

I go to BU and the morale on campus blows.. lots of people hate it here and as you can see, a lot of outsiders hate it. But I do what I do outside of schoolanyway.

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't expect BU to be this hated but I guess to each his own. Since i'm looking into grad programs (History) i'm not really concerned withmorale as I am with faculty and courses so I am not ruling out BU yet. BC sounds great and it is my first choice but I have some doubts about being accepted.

Thanks again, anymore opinions are welcome.

I rent an apartment in probably the nicest building you can live in off campus (17th floor penthouse) and our rent is like $2900 a month for 4 people, which isn't bad
Where is this? Resevoir Towers?

Nah, 2000. Reservoir Towers is right down the street though. I mean 2000 is the nicest IMO and our view is unbeatable (except the same room room above us,which is the top floor of the building)...you a fellow BC student or just know the area?

BU's morale does suck, it doesn't exist. BU doesn't have a feel of a campus thus everyone pretty much does their own thing outside of class. Youget a much more diverse mix of students at BU and they have some excellent professors. I cant speak to Graduate studies but Elie Wiesel is a history professorfor example. BU's sports suck...and as a general rule of thumb, BU hates BC and vise-versa.

Originally Posted by Frsh2Dth14

Nah, 2000. Reservoir Towers is right down the street though. I mean 2000 is the nicest IMO and our view is unbeatable (except the same room room above us, which is the top floor of the building)...you a fellow BC student or just know the area?

Actually live over in Brighton so I know the area really well. Is 2000 further down Comm. Ave past the resevoir on the way to BC?

Yea, it's closer to BC...like another few hundred feet down on Comm Ave. past Reservoir Towers

Back
Top Bottom