Information Technology (IT)

In about two weeks, I am going to begin a cyber security bootcamp course. For anyone that has done a course like this, what can I expect?

I take my first cert exam tomorrow, Network+. I only got a 4 day course but I’ve been scoring 800+ on the practice tests and the instructor has a pretty high pass rate. Oddly enough, I’m excited to take the test.

I also have Security+ at the end of the month.

Good luck, fam. Taking the Network+ at the end of the month. Passed the A+ a few months ago.

Thinking about pivoting into IT and that side of things. I like to have another career on the burner while I finish up the one I'm on.

What's a good place to start as far as IT certs? The CompTia site shows a few core certs, would any of those be a good one to start with? Then branch off into whatever?

By the same token, would getting a Scrum cert make sense if I wanted to pump up my management credentials? Would that land you a job right away?

Thanks guys, glad I stumbled onto this.

I started mine when I gradated college. 23. I starter off at a call center help desk job.
I used to work for verizon fios, and comcast for trouble shooting. I have a pretty decent knowledge base about computers already, just never made the solid jump. How do you like it thus far?

One of my close friends who was never into computers like I was. Joined the Air Force and eventually found his way to IT. How has the IT life been for you all these years?

Great man i cant complain ever since i left for the military at 19 i have not been jobless in IT. I currently working a Networking IT contract in Europe.

certs i have so far are to name a few

Sec +
Net +
A +
CASP
CCNA routing and switching
CEH

Great man i cant complain ever since i left for the military at 19 i have not been jobless in IT. I currently working a Networking IT contract in Europe.

certs i have so far are to name a few

Sec +
Net +
A +
CASP
CCNA routing and switching
CEH
Govt contracting? SOCEUR, EUCOM?

After Sec+ I want to tackle CASP and ICND 1. I want to stay on it while it’s all fresh on my mind.

^word thanks. I’ve learned SQL before so I’m thinking about revising that and learning Tableau to get an entry database developer job but I’m not sure if that’s even realistic.
goodluck brother
I take my first cert exam tomorrow, Network+. I only got a 4 day course but I’ve been scoring 800+ on the practice tests and the instructor has a pretty high pass rate. Oddly enough, I’m excited to take the test.

I also have Security+ at the end of the month.
damn seems like ur going to kill it!

if you need any help with secuirty+ hit my PM

Still working on the CEH its got me REAL NERVOUS MAN

Have you experience the growth you wanted. And do you still fill fulfilled or did you ever?

Yes, like many - I started in the help desk. I’ve work in every aspect in IT (Business and Technical) except for Datawarehouse. I’ve been a DBA, System Analyst, Engineer, SAN Admin, Web development, Real-Time Data, Virtualization Admin, Hardware with the NOC, Fiber, Security, PCI, GSI, Radio Communication, Project Manager, etc The list goes on. You name it, I’ve done it.

I left the company as a Network Supervisor.

At the time, I was fortunate enough to work with a company that allowed me to explore my IT skill sets. Now I’m back to what I enjoy doing - it was NOT management. :lol:

I’m with an organization that fits my career, lifestyle and my values/principals. I work for Habitat for Humanity International.

Last edited:
I used to work for verizon fios, and comcast for trouble shooting. I have a pretty decent knowledge base about computers already, just never made the solid jump. How do you like it thus far?

It was cool I moved up quick. Repaired databases. Left that job last year no more growth. Now pretty much Im a programmer. Program using PLSQL

Still young, but how has it been navigating IT being passed that 25 years age group.
It fast track my career quicker than I could think. Started off as a Data Analyst for 6 months then was recruited by another company for my current role - Management Analyst for my IT background.

I have a connect at Microsoft whose trying to get me submit my resume since they just won a big DoD contract here in the DMV.

Opportunities have opened up for me!

It fast track my career quicker than I could think. Started off as a Data Analyst for 6 months then was recruited by another company for my current role - Management Analyst for my IT background.

I have a connect at Microsoft whose trying to get me submit my resume since they just won a big DoD contract here in the DMV.

Damn. You started off on a great note. Data analyst pay good don’t it?

Thanks for reminding me MS got the bag.

Back
Top Bottom