Information Technology (IT)

I did imaging and deployment along with tech support for the university I interned for. Chill job with lots of downtime, especially when youre dealing with slower computers.

Get some internship experience before you graduate and you shouldnt have much trouble finding a job after

Yup! Spent this past summer at IHG as a project/portfolio management intern. Got invited back for this coming summer. Hopefully can lead to a job

After completing my 2 exams this year, a job i applied for within my company picked me up today after interviewing with the hiring manager about a month ago. Told him last week i passed my CCNA than today got offered the job. Nice pay bump too.

:pimp:

God is good

Was mainly at the data center in alpharetta. Occasionally went to the atl office. Are you??

nah, IHG was a place I may look at in the future. How's the office culture? The things I`d look at would be at the ATL office so not sure how much you know about it. Might need that referral plug too if you get a full time offer lol.

nah, IHG was a place I may look at in the future. How's the office culture? The things I`d look at would be at the ATL office so not sure how much you know about it. Might need that referral plug too if you get a full time offer lol.

Ah gotcha. Yea only times I was at the atl office was for orientation and a few workshops here and there. Not sure about office culture over there. The data center I was at was awesome. Everyone hella chill and pretty casual environment.

Failed my CISSP today. Passing score is 700 and I got a 691 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to hear bro but you at the precipice (big word for the day lol).

Dat ish opens doors.

I'm in a PMP class. Dat ish is so boring. And the lady instructor is just teaching like she's reciting a laundry list versus tell a story and demonstrate.

I'm going to have to buy a book. :frown:

I'm in a PMP class. Dat ish is so boring. And the lady instructor is just teaching like she's reciting a laundry list versus tell a story and demonstrate.

I'm going to have to buy a book. :frown:

O lawd do not touch the PMBOK if you can help it, 400+ pages of nothing...do some online modules on goskills or Lynda or something

Failed my CISSP today. Passing score is 700 and I got a 691 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

whats the retake process? Im considering CISSP or CASP for my next cert in the future.

Congrats man! I need to get my butt to studying for the CCENT I've been pushing it off forever.

thanks! I never took CCENT but i believe i would of had an easier time on the test if i did that one first. Just apply yourself and dedicate some time to it and stay on it and maybe take a bootcamp right before you are done with self study than test out.

I put CCNA off for years making excuses procrastinating etc. Than i finally did it and already got a new gig and havent even got the official cert in the mail yet :lol:

I have done half of that, worked on many deployment teams, and worked in travel positions. Great experience if you are single with nothing to tie you down. Some cities have great per diems so you just make pure profit every day. Enjoy the experience. Where are you going to be traveling to CONUS or OCONUS?

Okay cool. Sounds just like how the recruiter made it out to be and its CONUS. Good ole north carolina.

whats the retake process? Im considering CISSP or CASP for my next cert in the future.

thanks! I never took CCENT but i believe i would of had an easier time on the test if i did that one first. Just apply yourself and dedicate some time to it and stay on it and maybe take a bootcamp right before you are done with self study than test out.

I put CCNA off for years making excuses procrastinating etc. Than i finally did it and already got a new gig and havent even got the official cert in the mail yet :lol:
Don't know if it is a good thing but I think CASP is easier, been contemplating doing it for a while. Might have PM swing for the class and get it to make myself more marketable.

Can anyone walk me through the A+ process? Thinking about getting it to get a tech job while I finish school.

Don't know if it is a good thing but I think CASP is easier, been contemplating doing it for a while. Might have PM swing for the class and get it to make myself more marketable.

Yea i think CASP is easier too, and with me already holding 4 comptia certs under CASP it will renew all them once i get it. I think the CEUs are easier to maintain as well compared to a CISSP.

Can anyone walk me through the A+ process? Thinking about getting it to get a tech job while I finish school.

What are confused about on the process? Its a 2 part exam about the in and out basics of how a computer functions. What IT experience do you have?

Yea i think CASP is easier too, and with me already holding 4 comptia certs under CASP it will renew all them once i get it. I think the CEUs are easier to maintain as well compared to a CISSP.
Bingo, I let my Comptia certs lapse so yeah getting it will certainly renew them all in one fell swoop.

What are confused about on the process? Its a 2 part exam about the in and out basics of how a computer functions. What IT experience do you have?
No IT experience. Computer Science & Software Engineering double major. Just saw it was an entry level certificate you can get. I was trying to see how long it usually takes to get and what's the best material to study with and etc. Udemy has $10 classes right now, not sure if that's a good route for this. :nerd:

Udemy classes are good. Has anyone ever been in an 8A contract or heard of the company RiverTech

Read the A+ certs book. Pretty much going to walk you through the whole process. I think its 2 sections now instead of one. Good luck.

congratulations. My contract is about to change over to a new company. I'm praying none of the funny business from last time ensues again and they just keep my pay the same and generally don't **** with us at all and what is working

Haven't been on NT much after the switch, good to see everyone is doing well. luckyluchiano luckyluchiano Deloitte is considered Big 4 , a ton of Deloitte positions available in the DC area.

Has anyone ever worked on a windows deployment team where all of your expenses are paid and you're put up in a hotel for the duration of the deployment? I just accepted a role doing that for about 5 months before I try to get on with Vectrus and go overseas.

Nice I met someone on Twitter working for Vectrus out in Kuwait. I'm in Japan doing overseas contracting in a systems engineer role.

No IT experience. Computer Science & Software Engineering double major. Just saw it was an entry level certificate you can get. I was trying to see how long it usually takes to get and what's the best material to study with and etc. Udemy has $10 classes right now, not sure if that's a good route for this. :nerd:

Why are you planning to sit for A+? Comp Sci/Soft Eng major you are honestly wasting your time. Your wasting your time because as a software engineer you will be coding, not doing IT related work and the A+ is just extremely easy. It's better for getting into help desk to get your foot in the door in IT.

If you want to get one of the three main comptia certs get the Security+ certification. Not sure what area you are in but this cert opens up some doors in the government/govt contractor industry.

Last edited:
Thinking about going the IT route. What certs do I need to make six figs without a college degree?

What are the highest paying jobs just after being certified?

I took a class in c+ a while back and it was interesting. Never went past that and also I've forgotten c+ by now lol

Highest paying cert imo is CISSP, catch is you have to have work experience in the domains to sit for the exam.

Back
Top Bottom