Information Technology (IT)

Microsoft is killing off support for Windows 7

icrosoft will no longer support the 11-year-old operating system as of Tuesday. For users, that means Microsoft will stop providing updates and security patches for Windows 7.
The changes will affect hundreds of millions of people because more than one-third of PCs use Windows 7, according to NetMarketShare.That is slightly fewer than Windows 10, the most popular PC operating system, which is on about half of the world's personal computers. Windows 10 is used on 900 million devices, according to recent numbers from Microsoft.
Microsoft said that Windows 7 users can still use their computers after Tuesday, but the company warns they will be at "greater risk for viruses and malware."

I mean people had plenty of time to upgrade. Why support software that old? Using time and resources when you could be bettering you most current software.

But I do see that most users in that group might not know how important security updates are, and might just brush it off or never even notice.

I mean people had plenty of time to upgrade. Why support software that old? Using time and resources when you could be bettering you most current software.
Old folks prolly still using it and not knowing better. Some businesses who don’t have a proper functioning IT department are just a few reasons on why Windows 7 is still being used

Tons of Banks, large, medium, and small business still use Win 7 and even Win XP :lol:

License cost and the related hardware costs to upgrading PC 's to run Win 10 does add up.

Everyone is panicking over this windows patch Gov agencies have to implement within 10 days.

Anyhow, is AWS really worth it with no experience? Thinking about doing the Solutions Architect Associate but i'm over studying for all these certs honestly. I know experience >> certs but looking to make a move from Sys Admin role to something else.

Tons of Banks, large, medium, and small business still use Win 7 and even Win XP :lol:

License cost and the related hardware costs to upgrading PC 's to run Win 10 does add up.

Very true. However, how much does a security overhaul or class action lawsuit cost when you're breached? Malcolm X said whenever he left his house, he'd leave the light on to deter a break in:
"The burglar, knowing this, won't try to enter. It's also the cheapest protection. The kilowatts are a lot cheaper than your valuables."

But I do see that most users in that group might not know how important security updates are, and might just brush it off or never even notice.
Have you done an org-wide deployment to a new OS on old computers? It can be very time consuming and cumbersome. I did it as an intern and it took over a year to roll it out to all the faculty and some more time for support. I’m sure enterprise licensing can be pretty expensive too.

Comptia bundle for $7.25. Use promo code: LEARN75

Courses: A+, Network+, Security+, PenTest, Cyber Security Analyst, Advanced Security Practitioner, Cloud Essentials, Cloud+, Linux+, Mobility+, and IT Fundamentals.

source.gif

Comptia bundle for $7.25. Use promo code: LEARN75

Courses: A+, Network+, Security+, PenTest, Cyber Security Analyst, Advanced Security Practitioner, Cloud Essentials, Cloud+, Linux+, Mobility+, and IT Fundamentals.

source.gif

Link?

Speaking of Scrum and PMP, I need to go sign up for my last certification - PMI-ACP.

I have the CSPO,CSM, and CSP. How many others are invested in Agile and Scrum?

Looks like the "lifetime access" is really only 12 months

Read the comments.

" Their web site is VERY slow, unusable. Modules would not load, keep timing out.

I'm going to ask for a refund. It seems like someone is hosting a web server over a T1 connection. I'm on a gigabit connection at the office and I have no problem loading any other web sites.

Their office is South Africa.

16 Monte Carlo Crescent
Kyalami business Park
Johannesburg
South Africa 1684 "

Last edited:
How many others are invested in Agile and Scrum?

As a current (hopefully not too much longer) government contractor that in project/program management, it’s what feds want for modernization efforts (depending on the size), so yes invested innit.

No go on the N+ exam. I got a 586, joint was a lot tougher than I anticipated. The instructor of the class was pissed because only 1 person passed and they have (had) a 98% pass rate.

I had an opportunity to take the exam again but decided to give myself til next Friday so I can study some more. I was upset but I feel confident that I’ll get it next time. First time taking an exam of this magnitude had my nerves pretty shot :lol:

I’ll report back with good new next week :smokin
Passed the exam today :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom