Information Technology (IT)

Well, DIY versus certified repairman wouldn’t be I’m their interests.

I think I have an A+ (in name only lol). I got the very back in 2007.

But it’s like Cisco probably backs a lot of networking initiatives but only if it’s going to pad it’s bottom line. EIGRP still not completely open source. They want it as a competitive edge.

I’m curious. Does the new A+ cover mobile computing device repair?
Yeah the A+ covers repair

Realistically, would having 2 AWS certifications (cloud practitioner and solutions architect-assoctiate) and 0 experience and no degree get you an entry level job that isn't help desk? I started studying for the cloud practitioner certification and then my friend told me to start with Security+ instead and then to get the AWS certications, and now Im hearing from someone else that having these certs without a degree wont be helpful. I just want to study the appropriate things to get a decent job (60k+).

Anyone else going for the 200-301 CCNA? If so what are some of the resources/materials you’re using?

BD6402AD-44C5-464C-9DD1-356225DF7900.jpeg

I have over 4+ years of Progressive IT experience and I have a Gov Clearace. Looking to find a deployment job overseas. Any help NT?

Anybody go to meetings/groups/clubs to learn/network with people/hobby? I was going to a local ISSA chapter meeting but I fell off.

How difficult is the A+ core tests? Is it very technical? Currently I am studying Prof. Messers videos and I am concerned if that will be enough to pass the tests?

How difficult is the A+ core tests? Is it very technical? Currently I am studying Prof. Messers videos and I am concerned if that will be enough to pass the tests?
If you have a good amount of knowledge about computers in general, maybe. If not, then no. His videos aren’t enough. They don’t go into the proper detail needed

Thanks for the info. Yeah I've been around computers all my life. I'm planning a career change and I'm going to need some basic certs. This process is new to me.

During this time I'll be working from home, I'll try to study for both sec + and net + since work isn't tedious or demanding right now.

Anybody know of any remote help desk jobs hiring right now? I feel like I have too much time on my hands and that would be added income as well.

Online Testing Available starting April 15

CompTIA will be offering candidates the option of online certification testing starting on April 15, 2020.* Online testing is ideal because candidates can:

• Test anywhere – especially from the security and privacy of their own home.
  • Test anytime – remote testing can be conducted 24/7, so candidates can schedule their exam whenever time permits, avoiding competing priorities or conflicts.
  • In a highly secure environment – online proctoring ensures all candidates take their tests under the same secure monitoring conditions as a test center.

Thanks for the info. I am planning on taking the test at the end of April. Currently studying and watching Prof. Messer videos.

What up yall..Looking to getting into IT world and make a career change. Currently working as a government contractor and want to get into the lab but need a minimum of Sec+. Been looking into Coursera but do yall have any tips on where or how to get study guides to study. Now is an ideal time since we are all grounded.

What up yall..Looking to getting into IT world and make a career change. Currently working as a government contractor and want to get into the lab but need a minimum of Sec+. Been looking into Coursera but do yall have any tips on where or how to get study guides to study. Now is an ideal time since we are all grounded.

I got my Sec+ in August and I used Darill Gibson's book and online study guide (https://getcertifiedgetahead.com/about-security-sy0-501/) I would go for the online option as there is more material, good luck.

I'm about to start studying for a networking cert, which one do you guys think would be more beneficial between Net+ and CCNA or is there another cert i should be looking at?

I got my Sec+ in August and I used Darill Gibson's book and online study guide (https://getcertifiedgetahead.com/about-security-sy0-501/) I would go for the online option as there is more material, good luck.

I'm about to start studying for a networking cert, which one do you guys think would be more beneficial between Net+ and CCNA or is there another cert i should be looking at?

of the two you listed I’d focus on the CCNA.
you can continue to build through Cisco’s track if you pursue the CCNA.

Reactions: 17
I wonder how they’re gonna proctor the exams. Only thing I can imagine that happens is they prevent any other web browsing

Was supposed to start my program.img journey 2 years ago... I have stalled each time...currently working as a desktop support analyst for Spectrum... Been working here 5 years... I know the ins and outs of restarting the computer .. lol

For real though , I plan on retiring during the next Bitcoin bullrun when ever that may be .. if the bullrun takes longer than expected I want to become a python developer .. strictly code. I'm going to designate 12-15 hours a week for the next 9 months and see if I can become proficient enough to make a career move at the start of a depression ..

was speaking to a user whos teleworking and his HP laptop aint booting up (blue screen of death)

told him to bring it in to campus so we can take a look

he said he's covid-19 positive.

me: *well this is awkward*

I had to retake my Sec + as well end of last yr. I also used getcertifiedgetahead.com on like the 60 day membership. New company paid for my test retake and upgraded my clearance to top secret, pay raise also obviously.

http://comptiaexamtest.com is a free one that has exact questions and answers too

To me, learn the exercise questions. They're weighted heavier so you have to get thise right then its easier plus it leads off with them.

The one where you build a data center by placing items in a certain place to make it secure

The phone and the server next to each other andnyou select what features must be installed on them
Know phishing from vishing, whaling, spear fishing, etc

If you're old and know COBOL you could probably come out of retirement and get paid $300/hr to fix these old govt systems that are being hammered because of the pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom