Information Technology (IT)

Anybody want a good Gov contractor i. t job in OKC hit the pm. Great pay, clearance, I'll even split my referral bonus.

Has anyone every been in a position where a guy was hired at a level or two above you and he is clearly not qualified? I'm currently going through this and nothing against the guy, he's cool but the work is clearly above his head. I'm constantly having to explain things to him (sometimes 3-4 times..really annoying), hold his hand during work and always answer simple questions. I really feel like he has no experience. Meanwhile I feel like I was overlooked for the job and I know I have more experience and qualification than him. The senior person in my dept ( that has the same title as the new guy) also thinks so. We all work together on projects so he knows my level of knowledge and he is also upset that the new person has the same title as him and clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

Has anyone every been in a position where a guy was hired at a level or two above you and he is clearly not qualified? I'm currently going through this and nothing against the guy, he's cool but the work is clearly above his head. I'm constantly having to explain things to him (sometimes 3-4 times..really annoying), hold his hand during work and always answer simple questions. I really feel like he has no experience. Meanwhile I feel like I was overlooked for the job and I know I have more experience and qualification than him. The senior person in my dept ( that has the same title as the new guy) also thinks so. We all work together on projects so he knows my level of knowledge and he is also upset that the new person has the same title as him and clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

I went through this at my previous job, think 2 months they ended up letting him go anyway. What will probably happen is you'll probably be asked by someone in a authoritative position hows he's doing because eventually your groups work and productivity will be effected. I'm not judging but you can either stick it out or mention it to your superiors. I was nice about it so I kept to myself but luckily they caught on quickly

I wonder how they’re gonna proctor the exams. Only thing I can imagine that happens is they prevent any other web browsing
I did a proctored EC Council exam last fall. There was a executable that popped open a window that couldn’t be minimized. There was also monitoring via web camera and key strokes.

They state this is done via web proctors.
I’d love if all the other vendors follow this lead. Test centers shouldn’t necessarily go away...but we’re getting to the point where this can be done remotely.

I did a proctored EC Council exam last fall. There was a executable that popped open a window that couldn’t be minimized. There was also monitoring via web camera and key strokes.

They state this is done via web proctors.
I’d love if all the other vendors follow this lead. Test centers shouldn’t necessarily go away...but we’re getting to the point where this can be done remotely.
I think they should be done as long as you have access to a network connection . Having to drive to those places are a waste of time. Webcam monitoring, while necessary, is weird

^^^The cheaters won’t like it.

Some make money off of making dumps and marketing it especially to folks in China, India, Africans countries, etc.

But I’d love it. Lol. My picture might just be a t shirt and shorts versus what I currently have in the Pearson database.

We brought in a guy at my last job that had a great academic background. He had a master's and a PhD along experience as a college professor. However I got inpatient teaching him how to approach projects since he was picking it up very very slowly. He had very little practical experience. Ended up leaving and he took up about half of my responsibilities. I did not feel confident in his abilities though.

Happened in my last contract, someone else started also as a contractor 1 month after me and eventually they just let his contract expire without renewal (was a 6-mo contract).

im working in UK, London as a BI/Analytics contractor btw

This happens unfortunately because HR screens and sees resumes where people have a degree or a ton of certs. The person then gets past the interviews and gets hired. I got nothing against people who are in or are former military but this happens a lot of times with government civilian GS jobs and government contractors jobs. The military all they really care about and is someone who can pass a cert test and send people to boot camps.

Not exactly the same but they hired 2 people (level 1 helpdesk and level 2 support engineer) and they both were less knowledgeable than me but made more. I had to train the level 2 guy as he was going to take over one of my clients. Dude would change passwords to service accounts for vpn, backups and then wondered why stuff stopped working. Eventually he got demoted but kept the same salary...at this rate I could tell they were low balling me. They gave me a 10% raise during my yearly review but still thought that was too little.

Really rubbed me the wrong way so I just started applying for other jobs. Got an offer making 31k more. Probably the last time I'll ever work for an MSP.

:lol: changing service accounts is usually a fireable offense, especially for someone whose level dictates they should know better.

Half the time management there didn't even know what was going on. We'd just fix it before it blew out of proportion.

Doing my monthly mileage expense report right now. Averaging a extra $350 to $400 a month on top of my high salary for desktop support with Kaiser.

Took apart my first computer yesterday . Went pretty well aside from some first time mistakes
512068A4-597C-4B53-AEAA-1D2F44300A39.jpeg

Azure 900. That’s a good luck.

I’m supposed to take Azure Fundamentals next month. There’s like an 11-hour course then I’m taking a 3-day course.

Back
Top Bottom