Information Technology (IT)

You can do it. Look up “Jeremey IT Lab” on YouTube.

He has hands down the best CCNA course imo. That’s what I used to pass along with Boson practice exams
Any specific videos/playlist he has on his channel you’d recommend?

9FB5DB88-2B97-4EC9-807E-7374969B05AC.jpeg

7B3DC163-661F-404F-83AD-443959D40BC8.jpeg

……..

Going through the annoying process of refreshing equipment.

I don’t know how many different models of macs/pc’s are in most environments but having over 20 different models just isn’t a good idea 🤦🏿‍♂️

I don’t know how many different models of macs/pc’s are in most environments but having over 20 different models just isn’t a good idea 🤦🏿‍♂️
Sounds brutal. Now I understand why some places have like only 2-3 models to choose from :lol:

Gotta get my AZ-900 by the end of the month for work. Finally gonna stop messing around and study some and glance at some *cough* dumps *cough*

Sounds brutal. Now I understand why some places have like only 2-3 models to choose from :lol:

Makes perfect sense. Uniformity simplifies things.

Oof, whose decision was that? Light, Standard and power user, mac or windows, done.
Trash Engineers in the past. We have new management now so as I got my promotion, I have to clean all this **** up :lol:

We have at least 10 different Lenovo models alone. Some being 5+ years old and are finally phasing out.

Makes perfect sense. Uniformity simplifies things.

Trash Engineers in the past. We have new management now so as I got my promotion, I have to clean all this **** up :lol:

We have at least 10 different Lenovo models alone. Some being 5+ years old and are finally phasing out.
Congrats on the promotion.

Someone certainly fumbled, giving users to many options make things harder for IT. Should be at the max 2/3 different models, laptop model either PC or Mac for execs. Standard Mac for users, or PC for computers. If company allows telework go with laptops, then a powerful option for the power users. Someone already mentioned it though.

Someone certainly fumbled, giving users to many options make things harder for IT. Should be at the max 2/3 different models, laptop model either PC or Mac for execs. Standard Mac for users, or PC for computers. If company allows telework go with laptops, then a powerful option for the power users. Someone already mentioned it though.
Yeah I don't even understand the reasoning.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps there may have been manufacturing issues with a wholesaler so they had to use other models as a backup, but even with that, find another supplier :lol:

Started a cissp class everyone telling me its hard af :lol:
Lagging on my aws

dabbling in pentesting too if there are any pentesters in here hit my line

The CISSP is a rough, for a number of reasons. It's the classic "mile wide, inch deep" in terms of knowledge. You can have a question on SQL Injections, then another asking how high a fence has to be to protect your data center. Just really weird stuff like that. Admittedly, it's a little dated, as are a lot of the classic IT certs.

I've worked in InfoSec for nearly 7 years (with 11 years in IT previous to that), and I still don't have my CISSP because my experience trumps anything a CISSP can show. BUT, a CISSP in the earlier part of your career could make or break someone even looking at your resume, especially for larger companies that use certs like that to separate the talent pool. Good luck.

The CISSP is a rough, for a number of reasons. It's the classic "mile wide, inch deep" in terms of knowledge. You can have a question on SQL Injections, then another asking how high a fence has to be to protect your data center. Just really weird stuff like that. Admittedly, it's a little dated, as are a lot of the classic IT certs.

I've worked in InfoSec for nearly 7 years (with 11 years in IT previous to that), and I still don't have my CISSP because my experience trumps anything a CISSP can show. BUT, a CISSP in the earlier part of your career could make or break someone even looking at your resume, especially for larger companies that use certs like that to separate the talent pool. Good luck.
yeah thats what i hear from alot of folks, i figure illl give it a shot
Reminds me of the sec+, but obviously harder.

I remember there were topics about what kind of power generator you need in case of emergencies of a power outage at a data center or something like that
:lol: yeah thats a wild question man

I think you might be leaving money on the table by not having your CISSP. Obviously not in your pocket but companies certainly pay for that piece of paper. Finish up my MBA this year, planning on getting my CISSP and PMP next year. Not new to IT but the pay scale I am targeting won't open up without those check marks. Been in IT for 23 years as an FYI.

Back
Top Bottom