Information Technology (IT)

Also, DONT FORGET. There are performance based questions on SEC+. They usually catch ppl off guard.

I took SEC+ back when it was still the 300 series but I keep hearing in the community that this is still on the exam, the blueprint PBQ. They basically show you a blueprint of a workspace & you must drag/drop the proper security mechanisms in place to secure the building. Others included some sort of subnetting knowledge drag/drop as well

Damn a potential client whom i agree to terms with and sent a contract to last week just hit me with they might be going with a big name vendor instead, :rolleyes ngl feels batman

Damn a potential client whom i agree to terms with and sent a contract to last week just hit me with they might be going with a big name vendor instead, :rolleyes ngl feels batman
It's Just part of the game. Just setup the "are you happy with yout current services" email and send it out to them 6-8 months from now.

Taking this CEH exam in a couple weeks. Any recommended leading certs after I pass the CEH cert?

I was thinking either the OSWA for Web Application or the ECIH cert.

Last edited:
Curious, what's y'all study pattern? I'm on this, though on/off tbh.
I prefer being taught through video lectures. I’ll watch up to 2-3 different trainings. While also taking practice tests simultaneously. Once I feel like I’m close to testing I’ll go searching for exam dumps.

I feel like you truly have to use the technology yourself to fully understand what is being taught so labbing is extremely important otherwise it’s super easy to just forget a topic. This is important if you’re trying to stay on the Cisco track because the higher certs will just expand on what was already covered in CCNA but more in depth.
CCNA will really test whether you know what you’re doing or not.

The dumps are cool but CCNA is so common that the question banks are huge but it at least gives you insight to how questions are structured.

If you want the drop the bread CBT Nuggets is great, labs are embedded & the instructors are super geeks, you can tell they’re super excited about teaching lol.

Curious, what's y'all study pattern? I'm on this, though on/off tbh.
For CCNA I used a combination of videos, books and Boson Exsim. I watched all of Jeremy's IT Lab videos on youtube. Then I read the official cert guide.
Did a bunch of labs after that and I also had another book call 31 days before CCNA which was a quick review on each topic. I did Boson practice tests to see what I was weak on then just watched videos on areas I wasn't scoring well on practice tests.

I guess it would depend on how much exposure you have with networking and cisco.

I had a 6 week break between watching videos and and reading the books due to an injury, so I wasn't studying everyday.
Yea I'm versed with networking; Definitely not a novice. I take a crack at it every night or so, though not consistently. Almost feels like I need a refresher upon resuming sometimes.

For CCNA I used a combination of videos, books and Boson Exsim. I watched all of Jeremy's IT Lab videos on youtube. Then I read the official cert guide.
Did a bunch of labs after that and I also had another book call 31 days before CCNA which was a quick review on each topic. I did Boson practice tests to see what I was weak on then just watched videos on areas I wasn't scoring well on practice tests.
Man Jeremy makes the hardest things seem so simple. Dude really puts out great content and is a great teacher. Subnetting used to whip me until I watched his lessons

Checking in to my IT-NT Bros. How we doing?
Ready to dip from my SCCM/MECM role. They’re trying to get me to learn the Operating System Deployment (OSD) side more. I’m ready to try something new and looking for a pay bump.

Taking this CEH exam in a couple weeks. Any recommended leading certs after I pass the CEH cert?

I was thinking either the OSWA for Web Application or the ECIH cert.
The last CEH I took was version 8 (I think). I took version 7 or 6.

CEH isn't really a great cybersecurity/pen test certification. It seems like they've improved due to competition (CompTIA, OffSec and Elearnsecurity) but there are better programs with good reputations.

Security+ is the best basic cybersecurity certification. CySA is an okay intro to Blue Team (CCNA CyberOps is better). PenTest+ is an okay intro to Red Team.

CCNA CyberOps is a good intro to Blue Team.

Elearnsecurity has a great portfolio of training and certifications. eJPT is a great into to Pen Testing/Red Team. eCCPT is probably a great primer before OSCP.

Offsec also has a great reputation for their red team certifications. OSCP is probably the most prodigious Red Team certification.

There's also SAN but their courses are more than $7,000. Only good if you can get your job to pay for it. Or you use one of their programs (intern or veterans). Absolutely great training. Took the Blue Team (504) and Red Team (560) training. I attended 504 before they revised it a few years ago (because there was a lot of overlap with 560).

Back
Top Bottom