ING DIRECT acctount holders..

so i was thinking about opening up an acct.
was wondering what you guys already with ING think

overrall experience? pros/cons?

nfcu ftw.

i thought ing was going out of business or had some sort of financial issues...?

ING doesn't have the best rates among internet banks, but they certainly have a great user experience. Everytime i've had to call for an issue,i've had someone pick up right away and they're always friendly. I love how easy it is to set up transfers and locate ATM's that are on theirnetwork of free machines. I don't think I've had a negative experience in 5 yrs. of being a customer.

Let me know if you need a referral & you can get $25 just for signing up with $250.

eh the interest returns aren't worth it. when i first opened the online checking account, the interest rate was at almost 4%. Now its at ~1.35%. Before Ididn't have much money to actually put in there so I left it alone for a while. I recently deposited 2k in it...just to see what kind of interest i'dget since that money was just sitting in my regular checking account anyway. Lets just say its really not worth it. I'm only getting like $2 a month withthe 2k in there. If the rates were higher + I had more money in it, then I'd be fairly satisfied with the meager gains...but a few bucks a month istrivial.

Interest rates are pure garbage so unless you opening an account with about 20G's expect to only see about $5-$10 in interest each month. I was tempted toclose my account but I know rates will rise in the near future because inflation will start kick back in.

service is good and it's very easy, but like people said, interest rates are garbage.... it used to be high near 4% but it's now a bit over 1%...

yeah, ING accounts are best suited for those who are depositing like... 60k. it can be a good haven to put your money, but i don't recommend sharebuilder,they're awful.

Used to work at their call center in Canada.

Best part time job I ever had. Playstation, jits, and a mini pool table in the break room. Best corporate events I've ever attended too, I have some crazystories.

The only service I used of theirs was the free US dollar account. You could buy american dollars with no transaction fee when the rate was good. Another bonuswas being able to withdraw US cash out of their Canadian ATM machines for free.

if your looking for a savings account then you cant really go wrong-

they will most likely be giving you a better rate than your local bank will...there are very few giving better rates than them-

if your looking for more returns then you need to look into investing the money- then you gotta think about access/time period/risk etc -

laugh.gif
at the rate talk ....markets down across the board so of course INGrates suffered

heres the bofa rate for a reg savings

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Interest rates[/h3]
Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly.
[table][tr][th="col"]Regular Savings Account Interest Rates[/th] [th="col"]Interest Rate[/th] [th="col"]APY [sup]1[/sup][/th] [/tr][tr][td]All Balances[/td] [td]0.10%[/td] [td]0.10%[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

ive been with them for 2 years and have had no problems.

interest rates are low but thats all across the board, not just with ING

Back
Top Bottom