Inner Tags "Circled in Red"

Hey guys,

Just wondering as I was lucky enough to stumble upon a pair of Blk/Gry/Wht "AIr Raids" at the Nike Factory outlet in Niagara Falls, NY a couple of months ago and noticed that the inner tags of the shoe had "Red Marker" on them?   Kind of a newbie question but what does that mean?  Are they B-grades or defects or something?  I compared them to my buddy's pair that he bought from Foot Locker and other than that "Red Marker" on the inner tags theres really no difference between the two?  All the stitching is right on an the soles don't have any messy glue spots? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have no idea either.  Last weekend I just bought a pair of the 8 playoff's from footlocker HoH and i noticed one of my shoes had a red marker line through the inner tongue.  So maybe it's nothing since mine was bought on a release morning and everything and it had that on one of the shoes.  No other pairs I have, have that though, so I'm not for sure.  I hope this kind of helps reassure you a bit about that maybe it is just a manufacturing error and nothing too serious. Whatever it is it can't be seen when you wear them, so I don't worry about it too much. 

Last edited:
red marker is a b grade, which is why you found it at an outlet. most of the time though, i believe nike will make a b in a circle, or try to at least. did it look like this?

View media item 481774
also, when nike quality control finds a pair with a defect, they remove x number of shoes before and after the one with a defect, so most of the time, the b grades don't have any significant flaws anyways. hope this helps

Yup...looks similar to that but in a B like you said.  The shoe has no noticeable defects so i'm still happy with the purchase.  Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom