Instagram?

instagram.com/james.young.photos/

always trying to post solid photography

Bro seems like yesterday you had like 2k followers and averaging like 70 likes and I went into your account the other day and you at like 13k and with an average of 800 on every picture...HOW SWAY!? Please teach me your ways...I've been featured in theknot, thebump, bridetobride, munaluchibride, black bride and a bunch others and still struggling with like 7k followers and i only broke the 1k likes on one pic

TEACH ME!

instagram.com/james.young.photos/

always trying to post solid photography

Bro seems like yesterday you had like 2k followers and averaging like 70 likes and I went into your account the other day and you at like 13k and with an average of 800 on every picture...HOW SWAY!? Please teach me your ways...I've been featured in theknot, thebump, bridetobride, munaluchibride, black bride and a bunch others and still struggling with like 7k followers and i only broke the 1k likes on one pic

TEACH ME!

My ish blew up a little over a month ago. I've been featured a hand full of times.

I still think the majority of my followers are spam.

I try my hardest to never miss a post and i post like once a day at close to the same time each day.

I MOB on hashtags and try to get everyone i know in real life to be as engaged in my IG as possible.

One other thing i do is i engage in other IGs... big, small and everything in between. I comment on probably like 100 posts a day. I have a desk job :lol:

EDIT -- one other thing is i try to tag the people on IG i post pics of... and tag tons of ig's that do features. I tag the people on FB also.

i've gotten like 4-5 clients one of them being a WEDDING off IG.... IG just happens to be a good outlet for me at this current time.

i wish i could tell u 1-2-3 :lol: Just some of the things I did

ANOTHER EDIT -- I've never exceeded 1,000 likes on a pic. its like people see my ish is at 800 and STOP LIKING :rofl: :rofl:

i've hit 900 once maybe

Last edited:
That's nuts...good for you bro, wish I had the same success, been focused on my IG tactics for almost 2 years, posting daily and as much quality work as possible...use the hashtags, tag pages, etc I've gradually gone from 1k to 7k in the 2 years...I'm happy with the slow progress, but I always find it mindblowing when accounts make a crazy hop in a short period of time...**** is kind of dope :pimp:

The knot featured me the other day and that only pulled about 20 new followers :rofl: maybe my photography just sucks :lol:

Same day Buzzfeed reposted another one of my shots...lol

The struggle goes on for me, congrats to you bruh! :pimp:

That's nuts...good for you bro, wish I had the same success, been focused on my IG tactics for almost 2 years, posting daily and as much quality work as possible...use the hashtags, tag pages, etc I've gradually gone from 1k to 7k in the 2 years...I'm happy with the slow progress, but I always find it mindblowing when accounts make a crazy hop in a short period of time...**** is kind of dope :pimp:

The knot featured me the other day and that only pulled about 20 new followers :rofl: maybe my photography just sucks :lol:

Same day Buzzfeed reposted another one of my shots...lol

The struggle goes on for me, congrats to you bruh! :pimp:

thats so dope.

i envy how much contrast you're able to get in your photos... your processing is always so dope to me.

and u have a medium format camera too dont u??? :x :pimp:

I like both of you guys styles. I'm not too big on edits, if I like my shot, I take it. Natural is art at its best.

Followed everyone, props to Ksteez, djyoung and their awsome picture taking.

Here's mine elgrenas55 and I follow even if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom