Intelligent Life Could Be Thriving On 40,000, Planets

Science's quest to discover life on Mars has so far failed to find even one little green man.

But not to worry. Aliens could be alive and well on almost 40,000 other planets.

Researchers have calculated that up to 37,964 worlds in our galaxy are hospitable enough to be home to creatures at least as intelligent as ourselves.

Astrophysicist Duncan Forgan created a computer programme that collated all the data on the 330 or so planets known to man and worked out what proportion wouldhave conditions suitable for life.

The estimate, which took into account factors such as temperature and availability of water and minerals, was then extrapolated across the Milky Way.

Three scenarios of how life could develop were also taken into account.

The first - that it is difficult for life to form but easy for it to evolve - concluded there are at least 361 planets harbouring intelligent life. The second,which assumed that life is easily formed but struggles to develop further, came up with a total of 31,513.

The third scenario, which assumes that life can be passed from planet to planet with the help of asteroids, saw the total rocket to almost 38,000, the Journalof Astrobiology reports.

What is more, these lifeforms would not be mere amoeba wriggling on the end of a microscope but fully-fledged aliens, because the scientists' definition ofintelligent life is a species at least as advanced as humans.

Mr Forgan, who believes it will take 300 to 400 years for us to make contact with our far away neighbours, said: 'I believe the estimate of 361 intelligentcivilisations to be the most accurate.

'These would certainly be the most Earth-like civilisations but the bigger figures are certainly possible. We can't rule them out.

'Most of the other planets we have looked at are older than our own - so I would expect to see more advanced civilisations than ours existing.'

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ech/art...s.html?ITO=1490

SOOON YOU'LL GET IT

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Didn't need them to confirm that for me.

cosign

Keep in mind this is only in relation to our galaxy. There are HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of galaxies.

Before you say it. Project Blue Beam
laugh.gif

the Earth is so small compared to the Universe, its not hard to believe that other life exists.
pimp.gif

i was watching the history channel and it said that there's probably a million of planets with life not nececessarily intelligent. Man I wish I couldtravel intergalactically there is probably so much to venture out into and learn out there.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

laugh.gif

the Earth is so small compared to the Universe, its not hard to believe that other life exists.
pimp.gif

LMAO TRUTH BUT ALOT ALREADY OF CAME & SAW EARTH KEEP YOUR HEAD UP CAUSE I DID

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

OP= No caps=truth
This post=CAPS=
grin.gif

"Thrivin life" everywhere is infinite. Theres a good amount of us runnin around somewhere, even a gay version of us.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Russoull

"Thrivin life" everywhere is infinite. Theres a good amount of us runnin around somewhere, even a gay version of us.
roll.gif

I have no clue what you're trying to say and the
laugh.gif
just makes it that much more confusing.

this is pretty crazy. i wonder if theres another jordan out there in the other planets? & what kinda kicks they can be talking about this very instant.lol. o_0... im high.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

OP= No caps=truth
This post=CAPS=
grin.gif

must not seen my cam'ron thread *@!% $%^$%^#$

I still don't understand how scientists really don't know everything within our 9... oops.... 8 planets, but they can tell us about stuff millions andmillions of miles away. I'm sure there is other life somewhere, but we are such a very small dot in the universe, and everything is soo far away, I doubtwe'll ever know for sure. And who knows we could be the only ones.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by Russoull

roll.gif

I have no clue what you're trying to say and the
laugh.gif
just makes it that much more confusing.
My bad
laugh.gif
but from what I've learned theres so much we havent discovered yet...the current map we got layed out on theseplanets/stars/galaxies and etc. is FAR from complete...meaning there's trillions (not exact estimate obviously) of planets so far with more we aren'tcapable of discovering yet even with the technology we currently have. I took astronomy in College and was high outta my mind in that class which madeeverything
eek.gif
to me. The documentary the professor showed on the Imax looking dome (
pimp.gif
) just summed up that galaxies are infinite, implying that thethings we see as impossible more than likely occured SOMEWHERE else. They also got into that since its INFINITE, there's millions of us livin somewhere inthese far #%% planets based on that measure. It's far fetched but it's interesting to me, I actually wish I finished that class but the mix of weedand information I took ++*%#+ up my whole view on everything.
laugh.gif
Hope thats easy to understand but if not...$$$% it.

It actually bothers me when people are convinced saying theres NO Aliens or some type of life outside of our world. Like come on, there were !##%!+#Dinosaurs...I could never picture somethin like that even existing and your telling me we're (humans) the ONLY things out here?
laugh.gif
Just sayin...but, gotta head to work now though.

i was gonna say something hateful about these so called scientist, but my mom always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't sayanything at all."

so i'll just chill in the cut and giggle at the other comments.

Back
Top Bottom