International vs. USA All Star teams

I was thinking what if the NBA did what the NHL used to do and have an international all star team vs. the USA all star team...who would be the teams?

Here's what I came up with:

USA

Starters (fan voting):

G: Jason Kidd
G: Fakers SG #24
C: Amare Stoudemire
F: LeBron James
F: Carmelo Anthony

Reserves

Kevin Garnett
Tracy McGrady
Shawn Marion
Chris Paul
Tim Duncan
Gilbert Arenas
Dwayne Wade

International (Fan Voting)

G Steve Nash
G Tony Longoria
C Yaoming
F _irk Nowitzki
F Yi Jinlian

Reserves

Pau Gasol
Rat Bastard
Luol Deng
Leandro Barbosa
Mehmet Okur
Andrei Queeralinko
Andrea Bargnani

I've done this before with friends...

USA

Starters (Bench)
PG Kidd (Paul) (Arenas)
SG Kobe (Wade) (McGrady)
SF James (Marion) (Anthony)
PF Garnett (Boozer)
C Amare (Duncan) (Howard)

International

Starters (Bench)
PG Nash (Parker) (Barbosa)
SG Ginobili (Gordon)
SF Kirikenko (Deng)
PF Nowitzki (Gasol) (Bargnani)
C Ming (Okur) (Ilgauskas)

International (Fan Voting)

G Steve Nash
G Tony Longoria
C Yaoming
F _irk Nowitzki
F Yi Jinlian
I love this lineup
pimp.gif
. Amare getting abused by Yao. and Yistaying outside getting open jumpers from Nash. Parker with the floater
Sidenote: I would love Yi to be on the Phoenix.

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

SG Ginobili (Gordon)
What Gordon are you talking about on the International roster?

SocalxBucks wrote:

I love this lineup
pimp.gif
. Amare getting abused by Yao

roll.gif
Have you ever watched any of theirhead-to-head matchups since they've been in the NBA? Yaoming has never once "abused" Amare. In fact, it was Amare doing the abusing - withYaoming sitting on the bench gasping for air.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

SG Ginobili (Gordon)

SocalxBucks wrote:

I love this lineup
pimp.gif
. Amare getting abused by Yao
roll.gif
Have you ever watched any of their head-to-head matchups since they've been in the NBA? Yaoming has never once "abused" Amare. In fact, it was Amare doing the abusing - with Yaoming sitting on the bench gasping for air.

Ben Gordon was born in London, England

He was born in UK so I think that's how he thought Gordon should be on the international roster. Adding Deng instead of Gordon isn't so bad though

I didn't know he was born in England...
But I wouldn't consider him an international player. He grew up in the US.
Just like Nash was born in South Africa, but grew up in Canada. Nobody considers him a South African.

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

roll.gif
Have you ever watched any of their head-to-head matchups since they've been in the NBA? Yaoming has never once "abused" Amare. In fact, it was Amare doing the abusing - with Yaoming sitting on the bench gasping for air.
The last game they met on April 16, 2007
Amare:
FG:12-19 Points: 30 Rebound: 5
Yao:
FG: 14-20 Points: 34 Rebounds: 9
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270416010
They were about the same. But Amare has been getting abused by Howard, Duncan. Yao is getting abused by Boozer.

Yeah that game was pretty even...Amare had 6 steals and two blocks to Yaoming's one block and zero steals...so that made up for the slight scoring edgethat Yaoming had. But if you total up their head to head games since they've entered the league, Amare has outplayed Yaoming overall. You're justtalking about one game. Same with Howard...last year Amare dominated their matchups but Howard outplayed him last night.
Amare hasn't played well since the first game of the season this year though. he has looked awful at times...I hope he picks it up here soon. We won'tbe a successful team without him playing at the top of his game.

Yeah that game was pretty even...Amare had 6 steals and two blocks to Yaoming's one block and zero steals...so that made up for the slight scoring edge that Yaoming had. But if you total up their head to head games since they've entered the league, Amare has outplayed Yaoming overall. You're just talking about one game. Same with Howard...last year Amare dominated their matchups but Howard outplayed him last night.
Amare hasn't played well since the first game of the season this year though. he has looked awful at times...I hope he picks it up here soon. We won't be a successful team without him playing at the top of his game.
he's a liable for defense and Grant Hill is cool but his offense is suspect.

Originally Posted by 40ave

you got this idea off of 2k8 didnt you?

Did you read my post? I got the idea from what the NHL used to do with their all star game. I've never played 2K8.

I've heard others talk about it before...I wasn't saying that I was the first person to ever come up with this idea. I just thought it would beinteresting to see the teams that people pick

Originally Posted by 40ave

you got this idea off of 2k8 didnt you?

No way. I've been wanting to see this for a couple years now. I think it'd be the perfect time to do it. There'd be more pride involved in thegame and I think guys would play harder. Maybe if they even did just one year with that format.

NBAdotcom's line up would be a nice game to watch... surprised to see he has 24K on his list of starters
pimp.gif

I love this lineup image. Amare getting abused by Yao
love to see the homers come out on NT....
Yao can shoot over Amare, but he can do that to almost anyone. That is not abuse.

only big game he had against the suns last year was the last time they played them in the regular season.

F Yi Jinlian

maybe in a few years but there are better PFs out there right now, Gasol, I would even take Scola over Yi.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

F Yi Jinlian

maybe in a few years but there are better PFs out there right now, Gasol, I would even take Scola over Yi.

Remember...it's FAN VOTING for the starters...I didn't say he deserved it...but there are 4 billion people in China with internetconnections...you do the math. How else do you think Yaoming has started the ASG every damn year?

my bad I was just quoting off socalxbucks reply, not your original fan based question...bc he is obviously a yao/yi homer as he has made known in his shortstint on NT.
Yi's good but in terms of talent/experience not as good as other PFs..

If it's fan voting might as well vote all the rockets team who have shoe contracts and damon jones/li ning. but then again even the Chinese fans areprobably smart enough to know that Damon Jones is not a legit player in the NBA.

^nah I've been here since 03. I'm a Suns fan but I'm hyped about Yi. I only give Yao only when it's due. I'm a former Lakers fan back inthe 6th grade to 8th grade and then lost interest in basketball until probably 2005 (junior in college) when I saw the Suns play, I'm hooked. My favoriteLakers lineup is/was always Eddie Jones, Shaq, Rick Fox, Nick Van Exel, Robert Horry, and Kobe off the bench as the 6th man. After that lineup, Lakers'lineup sucks.

they are as knowledgeable about basketball as you. Yao starts every year? maybe he's that good and a household name. Explain how did Lebron get more votesthan Yao?

I think the NBA should do this, i'd actually pay more attention than i do to the All Star game. At least they may actually try and play with some pride.

Back
Top Bottom