Interscope Records cancels Cheif Keef's tours and plan to drop him off label

Dudes are hella anxious to see him fall off so they can say I told ya so and fulfill their armchair A&R prophecies

Last edited:
Obvious truths aye? Yall acting like dude was an indie juggernaut before Kanye blessed him. Aint nobody but idiots believing them youtube numbers. Even when Vevo run they youtube numbers up theyre not stupid enough to boost it to 24 mill in a month and those artists actually sell records :lol: Lil Wayne highest video is around 12 mill. Nicki Minaj too......but Love Sosa at 21 mill....IGHT
And homie aint gonna be alright.
Dudes that sell millions and tour the world dont end up being alright. You see it all the time. So how is a 16 year old with a bad reputation with club promoters going to be alright?
I hope they dont drop dude but I can understand cutting ties. Too much bad publicity and the lawsuits from these club promoters probably aint worth the stress.

He was an indie juggernaut before Ye', I Don't Like was everywhere, his mixtape was on Pitchfork of all places and I had heard of son's hype long before then.
How do you even think Ye' got wind of him? It ain't like he got his ear to the streets like that. All YT numbers are fuzzy but to say he isn't popular in the 18-25 crowd is just false.
Bad rep with club promoters? He gets booked everywhere. If Waka & Gucci can have sustainable careers, Keef definitely can as well.
You don't have to sell millions and tour the world to be "alright" that's obviously not his lane but you already have seen the Boosies & Yo Gotti's of the world make a killing in Keef's market.
A lot of you older dudes underestimate his popularity amongst the younger crowd, he's not going anywhere unless he gets locked up (which is likely unfortunately)

Last edited:
only dudes thinking kids are the only one bumping Keef are cats tjat live in some random suburb.

Keef can easily go the Gucci and Yo Gotti route, Keef aint gonna get shows at no hispter clubs you see ASAP or K Lamar at but best believe he can tour them bama backwoods hood clubs and HBCU homecomings and eat WELL.

^ Exactly lol I wouldn''t use the words "indie juggernaut" but dude had buzz before that weak *** Ye remix and he DEF got dudes over 21 rocking with him.

Was waiting for this to happen. Boy got mad annoying.
Bs don't love Sosa no more homie

You guys keep equating him having listeners in your hood as to him doing well and buzzing. What point is that audience if they aren't buying records? That particular demographic does not buy music. And where are you guys because people aren't playing his music out here.

Red flags were going off when they turned the mixtape into the album. Its not like the studio album would have sounded different but its clear that they want to wash their hands if him. Dude still has to go court for his probation hearing to see if he violates it or not. Interscope got a bad ral for signing him. How would look for them to have an underage artist incarcerated?

Why would Interscope drop him? Why not just shelf him and let him put out mixtapes. If he drops another hit song then take him off the self and push out another album and try again. I don't understand the benefit of dropping him when they can just "hang on" to him at no or little cost. They probably just cancelled the tour because given the sales it wasn't worth the money to put him on the road.

They are dropping him because of one word...

Capacity. He hasn't shown the capacity to be a profitable artist. A hit song here and there? Sure. As an artist though? No. His music sucks, he's not even close to appealing to eye looks wise, has no personality, and is a thug. Why keep him on the payroll when we can find another sensation who has a hit song and utilize him in the same fashion.

This would be different if his album had positive reviews, and people were vibing with it, and the sales just didn't come through. But the jig is up. He's awful. He's a rapper that can't rap well at all. That's why they aren't shelving him and straight dropping him.

Last edited:
You guys keep equating him having listeners in your hood as to him doing well and buzzing. What point is that audience if they aren't buying records? That particular demographic does not buy music. And where are you guys because people aren't playing his music out here.
Red flags were going off when they turned the mixtape into the album. Its not like the studio album would have sounded different but its clear that they want to wash their hands if him. Dude still has to go court for his probation hearing to see if he violates it or not. Interscope got a bad ral for signing him. How would look for them to have an underage artist incarcerated?

Go to any hood spot or black college and I guarantee you Keef will be getting spins.
I'm in Dallas and when that song comes on, everyone screams that ****.
Gucci's last album did 21k first week. Waka's sold 14k.
Keef will be fine. He can release banger mixtapes and do shows off that **** just like these other dudes.
He ain't going nowhere.

I will say this, not to thread derail, but

In no other genre would this even have gotten to this point. Come on man, that album is one of the worst albums ever regardless of genre. Interscope knows it and are getting a lot of flack for the album, and for signing and getting themselves involved with Chief Keef.

I dont see nowhere in that article saying he gets dropped, i dont see it happening. If it does though, Love Sosa will be on GTA V, so the lil _ is rich forever

Go to any hood spot or black college and I guarantee you Keef will be getting spins.
I'm in Dallas and when that song comes on, everyone screams that ****.
Gucci's last album did 21k first week. Waka's sold 14k.
Keef will be fine. He can release banger mixtapes and do shows off that **** just like these other dudes.
He ain't going nowhere.

Waka sold 33. And those numbers are independent so it's not a fair comparison.

Whoops. I meant 33k. 14k were his 2nd week sales.
Point is Keef could drop mixtapes and do what they're doing as an independent artist.

I personally don't know any _'s over 21 thats bumping his album. _'s listen to Jeezy, Gucci, Yo Gotti or Flocka for that sound. He does have a fan base though so he should be fine if he's smart.

Last edited:
He was an indie juggernaut before Ye', I Don't Like was everywhere, his mixtape was on Pitchfork of all places and I had heard of son's hype long before then.
How do you even think Ye' got wind of him? It ain't like he got his ear to the streets like that. All YT numbers are fuzzy but to say he isn't popular in the 18-25 crowd is just false.
Bad rep with club promoters? He gets booked everywhere. If Waka & Gucci can have sustainable careers, Keef definitely can as well.
You don't have to sell millions and tour the world to be "alright" that's obviously not his lane but you already have seen the Boosies & Yo Gotti's of the world make a killing in Keef's market.
A lot of you older dudes underestimate his popularity amongst the younger crowd, he's not going anywhere unless he gets locked up (which is likely unfortunately)

Man i know he was known in Chicago and making his ways before the remix but "buzzin" is an overstatement. Pitchfork & Fakeshore are Chicago based blogs wasnt **** for him to be on there. And I already told yall how that Ye' remixed came about. I use to get his music mailed to me all the time in '10. My OG and his manager Dro like brothers and me Chop been cool since Flocka first album. I helped get him on WB radar for his deal tryin to get him placements with BS.

So I been knew about dem ******

All Im sayin is Keef aint gettin booked like that. Club/bar owners be interested until they find out son a minor he cant tour like these 30 year olds. His first show in the ATL was the one last week where he aint even show up & cost ****** money. ****** in Memphis aint ******g with him cause he canceled 3 shows. I dont even think he's crossed the Mississippi tour wise yet.

I feel like I be rantin on this ***** but I just be tellin you what I know & see first hand.

I dont see nowhere in that article saying he gets dropped, i dont see it happening. If it does though, Love Sosa will be on GTA V, so the lil _ is rich forever

Nah songs in games get a one time licencing fee and it dont be that much either especially a game like GTA with 100s of licenses plus most of that going to Dre but thats just me being technical.

I feel that.
In order for Keef to go that Gucci, Waka, Gotti route, dude has to smarten up.
All of them were on the grind and handled business.

I live in the hood. No one is playing him around here. New York aint Dallas. You guys think because you hear him your hood he's in every hood. Thats not the case. He doesnt have the catalog or appeal to replicate the success that Gucci, Waka and other trap artists have.

Lmao these ****** still canceling shows and ****? I understand old dude wanna let him be his own man and make his own decisions but come on....

Man i know he was known in Chicago and making his ways before the remix but "buzzin" is an overstatement. Pitchfork & Fakeshore are Chicago based blogs wasnt **** for him to be on there. And I already told yall how that Ye' remixed came about. I use to get his music mailed to me all the time in '10. My OG and his manager Dro like brothers and me Chop been cool since Flocka first album. I helped get him on WB radar for his deal tryin to get him placements with BS.
So I been knew about dem ******
All Im sayin is Keef aint gettin booked like that. Club/bar owners be interested until they find out son a minor he cant tour like these 30 year olds. His first show in the ATL was the one last week where he aint even show up & cost ****** money. ****** in Memphis aint ******g with him cause he canceled 3 shows. I dont even think he's crossed the Mississippi tour wise yet.
I feel like I be rantin on this ***** but I just be tellin you what I know & see first hand.

this man knows
literally

I feel that.
In order for Keef to go that Gucci, Waka, Gotti route, dude has to smarten up.
All of them were on the grind and handled business.
That's the difference. Gucci gave his fans quality free music for years. He wasn't just getting by on street cred. Waka & Gotti same **** with their Cocaine Muzik & SMOSH series. And this is all before their albums. They had a launching pad.

This cat had 1 tape (granted it was good), a hot single (that features 4 other people who are more established) and an album with 2 singles that are buzzing but aren't really buzzin (I don't hear Love Sosa or Kobe or the OG I Don't Like on LA radio)

Again I'm not trying to be no A&R but I'm not seeing no star potential NOR do I see him doing the grassroots street work so I'm not seeing what's making him succeed?

Bet if he gets dropped from interscope, Bricksquad tries to snatch him up, would be a better fit for him

Y'all crazy. Dude does not care about a major deal.
laugh.gif

If dude gets dropped, he will continue to get free beats from Chop and other Chi producers, continue to get free videos shot from Hi-Def and other Chi videographers, continue to flood the streets with free music, and will be able to easily charge 10k+ for club appearances. Getting signed and dropping an album would be icing on the cake. Y'all acting like dude was tryna be the next Ye. Son don't care about a Grammy lol.

Think about where he was a year ago at this time and where he is now. Keef gonna be fine.
laugh.gif

thats da only ***** eating outta that whole chicago blow up.

there's no way he's giving his beats for free anymore, even to chief if it all goes to ****.

I heard this dude name, but never heard his music.. So i googled him to see what the fuss is about.. imo dude is garbage, if he was rapping back in the 90s he would be a legend but that era of hip hop has pass, look like his 15 mins have passed
?????????

Back
Top Bottom