Interview for an internship coming up...

hai guys.
I'm currently a junior at a big 10 university and I got an interview for an internship opportunity at a fortune 150 company coming up this Monday.

This will be my first "official" job interview ever so I am pretty nervous. The guy who's coming to interview is the same guy I met at the career fair and I hit it off with him pretty good so that should be an advantage. 

Just wondering, because I know a lot of folks here have been through this process, should I expect mostly behavioral questions? How should i prepare? Any general tips/advice?

Thanks guys!

since this is an internship and you most likely won't have any experience to discuss, it'll likely be behavioral questions. google the STAR method of interviewing.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

since this is an internship and you most likely won't have any experience to discuss, it'll likely be behavioral questions. google the STAR method of interviewing.

Yeah

Wear a suit, STAR method and practice your answers. Do a few mock interviews.

Originally Posted by duncarooos

hai guys.
I'm currently a junior at a big 10 university and I got an interview for an internship opportunity at a fortune 150 company coming up this Monday.

This will be my first "official" job interview ever so I am pretty nervous. The guy who's coming to interview is the same guy I met at the career fair and I hit it off with him pretty good so that should be an advantage. 

Just wondering, because I know a lot of folks here have been through this process, should I expect mostly behavioral questions? How should i prepare? Any general tips/advice?

Thanks guys!

Practice and come up with scenarios under the STAR model just like the poster above said. Try to get the crappiest situation with the best ending result. Also, most importantly be engaging and have a conversation that feels natural. Be professional, but casual.

nope nope, Indiana University. PSU, penn state right? I have a few buds who go there though.

I've had a couple interviews already this semester. The best thing you could do to prepare is do your research on the company and mention why you want to work with them. Also, keep your availability open. A lot of whether youre hired or not comes down to if you're available the amount they want. I've told several companies that i'm open for whatever and ill take what i can get and they said that for that sole reason alone, my chances of getting a job offer greatly increased

Back
Top Bottom