iOS 5 Update

Siri will definitely remain an iPhone 4s exclusive for a long time. They needed the extra power from the A5 chips to make it run smoothly. The makers of Siri said the hardware is very important to it's function. As you can see with the recent benchmarks, iPhone 4s is A LOT more than a minor refresh.

41655.png

41619.png

41616.png

pimp.gif
at Apple destroying Android's 1.5 GHz GSII super phone with only 800 MHz. THAT is how you design a phone.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

How long will it be before a jailbreak?

i think a month. usually the betas are cracked first, and the dev team waits to the final release to see if any code was changed to block a exploit 

According to MacRumors, they said Apple usually has always released these updates around 1pm eastern time, so I'd advise y'all to go to bed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

According to MacRumors, they said Apple usually has always released these updates around 1pm eastern time, so I'd advise y'all to go to bed
laugh.gif

It's 3:30AM EST
indifferent.gif

Yo this @!@%+%$ sucks!

I'm tired of using the ancient iOS and want Apple to have all of my files in the cloud, doing who knows what with them.

Originally Posted by vick the quick

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

How long will it be before a jailbreak?

i think a month. usually the betas are cracked first, and the dev team waits to the final release to see if any code was changed to block a exploit 
It is able to be jailbroken right away just Tethered. 

i0n1c twitter
According to this dude i0n1c, the untether is coming on the 12th

While we wait...

Originally Posted by sillyputty

List of the 200+ features iOS 5 brings:

Notification Center

Non intrusive pop-up notifications. New notifications show in a notification bar which appears at the top of the screen each time a notification is received (including SMS, missed phone calls and regular notifications from 3rd party apps).
All notifications concentrated to Notification center: swipe downwards from the status bar to open it. Notification center shows a list of all notifications and widgets (widgets available only on iPhone and iPod touch).
Notification order can be arranged.
Choose Notification Type: Banner notifications, the classic pop-up notifications, or no notification at all (selectable on an app-by-app basis).
Notification list on lock screen. Swipe an icon to unlock and go to the specific notification.
Notifications announcing earthquakes with 2 minutes early (only in Japan).[74][75]

iMessage/Messages

Messaging between all iOS devices running iOS 5 through Wi-Fi or 3G. Allows to send text, photos, videos, contacts, and locations.
All iMessages and conversations will be synced between all iOS devices linked under a single Apple ID. You can start a conversation on one device and continue it on another.
Can message between multiple people simultaneously (group messaging).
Shows when other person(s) is typing.
Delivery receipts.
Optional read receipts (enable from Settings).
Animated GIF image support for iMessage.
Repeat alerts up to 10 times.
Ability to set how much time a message alert has to be shown again if you don’t respond to the phone when it notifies of a new message.
The name of the person that responds appears in small light blue text directly above the response when SMS is sent to a group.
Slight redesign for text messages. Font & time-stamp layout.
The keyboard (after being used to type an SMS/MMS/iMessage) can be hidden by scrolling down the part of the screen that contains the messages.

Newsstand

A new icon on Springboard, which opens to an iBooks-inspired folder which shows all papers and magazines downloaded from the App Store.
Subscriptions to newspapers and magazines available for browsing and downloading in a dedicated section of the App Store, stored in the Newsstand folder.

Reminders

"To-Do list" functionality in Reminders app.
Date-based reminder notifications.
Location-based reminder notifications that can be set to when you leave, or arrive a specified area (available on iDevices with integrated GPS only).

Twitter integration:

Tweeting from native applications: Photos, Camera, YouTube, Maps, and Safari using new Tweet Sheet which supports multiple accounts.

Music

iPod app now split into Music and Video (iPhone and iPad only).
Ability to play content while the device is synchronizing with iTunes.
Ability to delete songs from device (by swiping over the corresponding song).
Tap and hold on a song to view extended song information.
Long names scrolling in now playing.
Broadcast song information on devices (like car stereo) when connected over Bluetooth.
Improved Sound Check for Music.
“Group by Album Artist

Can't wait for the jailbreak
Not updating to ios5 for my ipad 2 like ever lol.  Not losing my jailbreak.  Considering how long it took to jailbreak it in the first place prob won't happen for a while.

Only think I am really going to miss is imessage.  Anyway I can get that from the app store? or is it just native to the ios

glad im part of the android master race....

*but is also waiting for iOS5*

how does i message work? do i need to send over a "pin" similar to a BB or does the phone know which other users have an iphone? Pain in the .... to add people to the message list.

Thanks

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

how does i message work? do i need to send over a "pin" similar to a BB or does the phone know which other users have an iphone? Pain in the .... to add people to the message list.

Thanks

You simply go into your Messages app as always and write a message as you normally would. The software will determine if the person you're about to message is running iOS 5 or not. If they are then your message will send as an iMessage. You'll know because the text boxes and send button will turn blue. If not, it'll send a regular text message. There is no PIN involved.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

my phone is currently jailbroken. if i download iOS5 will it affect my phone and will it still be jailbroken?

Your phone will no longer be jailbroken when you upgrade. There is said to be a jailbreak already for iOS 5, but they said they're holding out on releasing it until iOS 5 is officially released because they don't want Apple to make a last minute change rendering the jailbreak inaccessible.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

my phone is currently jailbroken. if i download iOS5 will it affect my phone and will it still be jailbroken?

yes it will affect your phone
no you will no longer be jailbroken. you'll either have use the tethered redsn0w jailbreak thats out now (if that will still even work with the official iOS5) or wait for an untethered jailbreak

Anybody know if a 3GS'll run slow on iOS 5?

I'm selling mine tomorrow to cut my costs for the 4S, so I'm gonna have to restore it for the dude... not sure whether to update it to iOS 5 or stay on 4.3.3.

My dudes with jailbroken iPhones are looking forward to iOS5 and jailbreaking it today or tomorrow, saying they're so tech savvy...

Except there's no untethered jailbreak
roll.gif
Some Apple dudes are clowns

I'm looking forward to updating my iPad 2 and seeing how stacks up against the competition.

Back
Top Bottom