iOS 5 Update

I downloaded 10.5, downloaded the update, backed it up, but it will not recognize my phone.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

eek.gif
safari finally loads on the pics on a page 
eek.gif

safari always load pics if im not mistaken

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Is this worth updating or should i wait for a jailbreak first?

If you use a lot of cracked apps, and jailbroken apps, wait.  If you do not, and you want a lot better notifications, Wi-Fi sync, etc. update then.

dang.. guess im just gonna wait.. i mean it shouldn't take them long to released an untethered jailbreak since they've done it with iOS5 betas right?

Originally Posted by SoleKid

I downloaded 10.5, downloaded the update, backed it up, but it will not recognize my phone.
I'm getting something about an internal error and it couldn't restore it cuz of it?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Is this worth updating or should i wait for a jailbreak first?

If you use a lot of cracked apps, and jailbroken apps, wait.  If you do not, and you want a lot better notifications, Wi-Fi sync, etc. update then.

dang.. guess im just gonna wait.. i mean it shouldn't take them long to released an untethered jailbreak since they've done it with iOS5 betas right?
My personal projection, 2-3 weeks.  They had most of the betas on an tethered jailbreak, so I think they are close, but they are going to clean up the bugs so no one gets mad. And the 4S may cause for even more delays because the dev-team may focus on that instead on iOS 5 as a whole.

Originally Posted by HTXMade

eek.gif
eek.gif

it use to give me a bunch of blank boxes when there was a massive amount of pics (in any of the appreciation threads), now every pic loads
pimp.gif

I keep getting to processing after downloading all 781.9 MB and then i get error 3259...anybody else experiencing this?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

I keep getting to processing after downloading all 781.9 MB and then i get error 3259...anybody else experiencing this?

servers are getting thrashed better off waiting
Oh alright good looks, thought it was just me. 
mad.gif

Downloaded direct from a mirror but I'm trying to restore it and it's saying the file source for my software isn't found and it can''t do it. What the hell

Originally Posted by The Mexican1262

I'm getting something about an internal error and it couldn't restore it cuz of it?

Just keep trying, the server is getting hammered, there is over 10 million iOS devices trying to get this update right now. Took my 5 tries and a restart.

Originally Posted by Joerdan23

Originally Posted by The Mexican1262

Just keep trying, the server is getting hammered, there is over 10 million iOS devices trying to get this update right now. Took my 5 tries and a restart.

This is like my 7th time trying and two restarts.
edit: It worked! And I was about to give up until tonight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HTXMade

eek.gif
eek.gif

it use to give me a bunch of blank boxes when there was a massive amount of pics (in any of the appreciation threads), now every pic loads
pimp.gif
IDK what was up with that, but it always load every pic on my iPhone 4
anyway good it works now for you
pimp.gif

I'm trying to upgrade but I keep getting this error:

This iPhone could not be restored. An internal error occurred.

Advice?

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
@ everyone having problems. I was thinking of waiting since I was already on iOS 5 GM; so I just tried it.

100% successful with backup + update/restore + restore from backup
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
everything is just how it was.
NThat NT:pimp: Good luck to all

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

sucks that you have to be "plugged" in to use wifi synching though. Hopefully a JB can bypass that if possible.

What do you mean? I used wifi sync without being plugged in. 

Back
Top Bottom