iPhone 5 on T-Mobile

So I just got my 5 in the mail today from T-Mobile. I currently have a Galaxy S3 and as many of you know, the sim card is too big . My pops is the primary account holder and is currently 100 miles away. I know if I go to a t-mobile store, they're gonna ask for an I.d. & blah blah blah. Do I have any other options? Really not trying to wait until my pops gets back.

He's out working all day long and the last thing he's gonna want to do is do me a favor. Trust me, I've exhausted that option lol.

You can actually cut your SIM card. I've done it with my phone as well as my girl's phone. If possible, ask one of your friends with an iPhone to see their sim. Then, cut your SIM card roughly the same shape/size. Any pair of household scissors should work just fine.

A word of advice, cut small bits an pieces off at a time and then try to wedge it in the SIM tray. It's better to work your way bit by bit (as tedious as it is) than to cut a huge chunk off. Try to make sure that gold strip is lined up in the middle of the tray so that it's completely visible. YouTube is also your friend.

The most important thing is to maintain the integrity of the gold strip on the back. I've done it twice with no problems. It took about 10 minutes to get it just right.

If you don't want to do all that, you can wait until morning and go to a cell shop around your way. Those corner stores that double as phone distributors and unlockers are perfect. They typically have SIM cutters that will do it precisely, but some of them try to tax you at like $10 a pop. :x

Last edited:
That was the most suspenseful 10 minutes I've had in awhile, but even with cutting some of the metal cutting the SIM card worked! Thanks a lot

All you need to do is buy a nano sim and tell tmobile to switch your phone number from the micro sim to the nano sim.
That's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom