iPhone HD/4G White. What ya'll think? 3GS users do have a penalty to pay though.

White_iPhone_HD-e1274477304407.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Earlier this week we reported on rumors about Apple introducing new iPhone 4G / HD in white and black color options. A Taiwanese website had managed to get hold of spare parts of the iPhone 4G prototype and published images of the white color front panel of the new iPhone.

There have many reports which state that the fourth gen iPhone leak by Gizmodo has proved to be a major loss for Apple in terms of iPhone 3GSsales however, it is worth noting that almost every year around WWDC speculation about Apple’s new products and services reach a new high. So, the actual impact of fourth gen iPhone leak would probably have little or no impact on actual sales. Any person who follows or has studied Apple’s yearly product timelines would wait for the Worldwide Developers Conference official announcements. When David Pogue questioned Phil Schiller about Apple’s withdrawal from Macworld Expo in 2009 he noted:

He noted that Apple marches to certain annual product cycles: the holiday season (Novemberish), the educational buying season (late summer), the iPod product cycle (October), the iLife development cycle (usually March), the iPhone cycle (June).

We have seen many fancy concept pictures of Apple products in the past but this time the details about iPhone 4G are clearly perceptible. Italian website iSpazio recently published their concept pictures of the white color iPhone 4G (or HD) and it certainly looks stunning.

NEW YORK – AT&T Inc. is raising the fees it charges buyers of the iPhone and other smart phones if they break their two-year contracts, while lowering them for "dumb" phones to better align the fees with their real costs.

Starting June 1, smart-phone buyers will have to pay $325 for breaking their contract, up from $175 currently. For buyers of regular phones, the fee is being decreased by $25 to $150.

The early termination fee goes down for every month customers stay in their contract — by $10 for smart phones and $4 for regular phones. So if a smart phone contract is broken after two months, the termination fee is reduced by $20 to $305.

The changes only apply to new contracts and renewals.

Dallas-based AT&T charges customers $199 for the latest model of the iPhone, but pays Apple Inc. far more than that. AT&T makes the subsidy back through the customer's service fees over the two-year contract period. AT&T likely loses money for every customer that breaks a contract and pays a $175 termination fee, but may break even with the new, higher fee.

Meanwhile, simpler phones may cost AT&T only $125 to buy, meaning that a $175 termination fee is excessive.

Following the same logic, Verizon Wireless doubled its smart-phone termination fees in November, from $175 to $350. Sprint Nextel Corp. and T-Mobile USA still charge the same termination fees for all types of phones $200. All three also pro-rate the fees for customers who leave later in their contracts.

The Federal Communications Commission has questioned Verizon Wireless about the higher termination fees for smart phone users, but hasn't taken any action. The pro-rating of the fees came about after the carriers settled several class-action lawsuits by customers who found it unfair that they paid the full termination fee when breaking a contract after nearly two years.

Reminds me of the 2nd generation iPods. The iPhone is a great product, but I'm not a fan of Apple's selling strategy. Edge Network, 3G, 3GSw/ video camera, etc.

Now to add on the increase in ETF is due to resellers buying the previous generation iPhones reselling them and then paying the ETF.  ETF=Early Termination Fee.  I'm probably going to do the same thing I'm due for a upgrade from AT&T July 24th, 2010, I'll get the iPhone pay the $150 ETF and port my number to Sprint. 

My white 3G is looking mighty beat up, don't know if I can go with another white phone.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

My white 3G is looking mighty beat up, don't know if I can go with another white phone.

really? the white really look that bad over time? i have the black 3G. but the white eventually gets dirty or what?

I've been ridin with a cracked iPhone 3GS screen. Not tryin to be the $200 for a refurbished nor $100-150 to fix the screen.

So if I try to upgrade, I'd have to pay a $175 fee? (They add another 2 years on to your contract too?)

Back
Top Bottom