iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by don23lucia

convert a song to be under about 40 seconds, and change the m4a extension to m4r. double click it, and sync your phone.
How do you do that and you dont have to pay for it?
I would like to know this as well if anyone has info on that

Originally Posted by EL Flaco McFly

Originally Posted by don23lucia

convert a song to be under about 40 seconds, and change the m4a extension to m4r. double click it, and sync your phone.
How do you do that and you dont have to pay for it?
I would like to know this as well if anyone has info on that

-Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing
-Importing Using: AAC Encoder -> Settings: Custom -> Stereo Bit Rate: 40kbps -> Ok.
-Open Library -> right click on the song -> Get Info -> Options.
-Select your start time and end time, ~30 seconds should work.
-Right click on the song -> Convert to AAC
-Open up your itunes music folder where the song is stored -> rename the extension from .m4a to .m4r.
-Double click on the .m4r song and it should convert automatically into your ringtone folder and then sync and you're done.

We're at an AT&T lunch, and AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega just dropped some meaty bits. He had mentioned earlier in the event that he expected all of their smart integrated devices to be 3G in the next couple months. Sascha Segan from PC Mag asked it that included the iPhone. De la Vega responded, "Let me repeat what I said: I think that you're going to see our integrated devices be 3G devices in the not-too-distant future, and I mean months. That should be clear enough." Cue fanboy 3G fever!
Straight from gizmodo

ok i tried absolutely everything i just cant get youtube to work on my touch. it says you must first connect to itunes......... blah blah blah. i connected toitunes, still dosent work. its not even jailbroken i just want this thing to work can someone please help me?

I bought someone an iphone as a gift but the 3G is coming out soon will I be able to trade it in for a 3G when it comes out? Or get money back if the pricedecreases? It's still wrapped up and everything I'm about to return it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cutthroat417

I bought someone an iphone as a gift but the 3G is coming out soon will I be able to trade it in for a 3G when it comes out? Or get money back if the price decreases? It's still wrapped up and everything I'm about to return it
laugh.gif

doubt you can trade it in..you could always sell it on ebay but who knows how much it will be worth once the new one comes out..i would return it and waituntil the new one comes out

if i jailbroke/unlocked my iphone with ziphone 2.6 and no longer want it, does the restore setting on the ziphone restore it back to factory default settings?will they know i jailbroke it?

just a warning... DONT GET THIS CASE!!! Griffen Holster Case i had it on my belt, and i was tossing a football around with some friends... when i caught the ball, my phone fellout, and dented one of the corners... another time, i was walking up my friends stairs outside of his house, and it fell on the cement and cracked thescreen.... i went to the apple store, and they said it would cost 250 to have JUST THE SCREEN replaced... i also read stories online that when their screencracked, apple replaced it for free... the phone still works, but i guess i am just going to wait for the 3G iphone to come out instead of shelling out 250just to replace the screen...

Anybody having problems with their earphone? The only way I can hear somebody is if I put the phone on speaker. I don't know if they can hear me whenit's not on speaker since I can't hear them talk.

^ Try plugging and unplugging your earphone in the jack like 10 times consecutively. For some wierd reason, this seems to do the trick.

^ Try plugging and unplugging your earphone in the jack like 10 times consecutively. For some wierd reason, this seems to do the trick.
That's weird as all hell. Does this problem happen often to you? Should I be worried?

^^^ that happened to me. google it but theres a procedure where you lightly wet the end of a qtip and clean the inside of the jack or take it to the applestore. its because theres dust accumulating inside the jack

No, it hasn't actually happend to me.

I actually work at an Apple Store, that's basically what we found that works for that situation. (either try doing this, or using one of those airpressure cans to get the dust out of the headphone jack) I don't think it's anything major, if your iPhone keeps acting up, just bring it in andthey'll take care of you.

Oh, by the way, did it work?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

can someone help out with the tzones hack? this has me feeling dumb as hell
sick.gif

whachu need to know foo?

Add the Big Boss source to installer which is...

sleepers.net/iphonerepo

refresh sources

go to packages and scroll down to the "t's" where you will find something that says t-zones hack..or whatever. Download it..you might need toreboot your phone.

it should work after that..if you have alrady changed your net plan to t-zones

smh.gif
didn't change the phone plan yet...

It doesn't take long just go on your account online or call.

When I first got my iphone I jailbroke, unlocked, it and had it running Edge through the tzones hack with in like 35 -50 min

modmyifone.com is where you need to go..thats why I did it so fast..NT has good info but you'll be better off at modmyifone.com

do i have to call in? or can i do it online...t mobile might be on some funny stuff if i call and ask em to do that for me
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

No, it hasn't actually happend to me.

I actually work at an Apple Store, that's basically what we found that works for that situation. (either try doing this, or using one of those air pressure cans to get the dust out of the headphone jack) I don't think it's anything major, if your iPhone keeps acting up, just bring it in and they'll take care of you.

Oh, by the way, did it work?

Yeah it worked. We have some of those air pressure cans at work. When I go in on Monday I'll try to remember to clean it out.

do i have to call in? or can i do it online...t mobile might be on some funny stuff if i call and ask em to do that for me
grin.gif

If it's your account you can do it online. If it's not you have to call in and provide your tax i.d. #

Tmobile knows that you have an iphone..they can just look it up on their computer. How I don't exactly know..

but they knew I was calling off one when I called to change my plan. They can't stop you from using an unlocked iphone or from changing your plan..JUSTDO IT!

Is their any pictures of the 3G iPhone yet? Release date? Sorry... I don't keep up with the thread like that.

Back
Top Bottom