iPhone: Post everything here

Any chance anybody could help me with my question on Page 110? Still looking for advice on that...

whats your guys is monthly rates look like?

and what services do you have, im still on the border debating whether or not i want to switch.

do any of you have problems where you get a text and when you go to it, the keypad is really lagged. i tried to back out and go back in, but its still laggedonly for that text.

Originally Posted by jepmonk

do any of you have problems where you get a text and when you go to it, the keypad is really lagged. i tried to back out and go back in, but its still lagged only for that text.

It's a bug in 2.0 where the texts will lag sometimes and you have to exit out of SMS completely and then go back in
tired.gif

hey sorry to ask this question, as i know it has been asked before but i never saw a concrete answer to it. I was wondering if i buy a iPhone if i will be ableto apply a student discount towards the plan, or is this a no-go?

Originally Posted by PearI Jam

hey sorry to ask this question, as i know it has been asked before but i never saw a concrete answer to it. I was wondering if i buy a iPhone if i will be able to apply a student discount towards the plan, or is this a no-go?

Yes you can.

I have done it. I have not gotten my bill yet but I think it takes like 1-2 billing cycles.

When you guys had the first gen iPhone, was your plan $20 for unlimited data and 200 texts? I accidentally signed up for that, and it's allowing me to surfthe web, but not allowing me to text.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to download a larger keyboard for texting(like the sideways one when you're on Safari)?

Quick Question to my fellow NT'ers that currently own an iPhone.

I'm about to purchase an 8GB but now I'm thinking about of selling my 80GB ipod classic, and replace it with a 16GB iPhone for an all in one type ofdeal. Is this a smart move considering i have about 8GB of music plus a few gigs of video? Or should I just shake it off and keep a few playlist on the 8GB andkeep the 80GB.

since i downloaded 2.0.. i dont have alot of apps.. but sometimes when i tap on my apps it just returns back to the home screen and if i do it more than 2times the phone restarts by its self.. its really annyoing..

I'm enjoying the iPhone thus far. I havent had the iPod Touch or anything like that, so even the iPod of the features of this phone has me suprised. Iadded Currency, iScopes, Face and Bloomberg apps just right now.

What video converters are people using when it comes to converting avi and divx files to .mp4? And what program is available to rip DVD's into mp4 format?

Another question...Anyone know how to log off on the facebook app, like logging off my account?

Originally Posted by af1pops12

how do i set up my voicemail?

just touch on voicemail when your in the phone part......

listen to the prerecorded message. you basically just have to enter in a password then choose your greeting.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Another question...Anyone know how to log off on the facebook app, like logging off my account?

Go to your profile (icon right next to Home) then Logout should appear in the upper lefthand corner.

yo, who has jailbroken their phones?
i did a little while ago, and since the cydia update with winterboard is working its been fire.
i cant wait for that gba and snes emulator to come out.

OK so here's my situation..... My iphone is unlocked/jailbroken on 1.1.4 still and I was using it with my T-Mobile sim but I also have a AT&T sim thatI use for my company cell phone so I popped that into the iphone and of course everything works fine. But the question I have is can I update through itunes to2.0 and continue to use the AT&T sim without the phone bricking just because it is unlocked?

Originally Posted by djbj6t9

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Go to your profile (icon right next to Home) then Logout should appear in the upper lefthand corner.
Good looks. Thanks man.

By the way...how is everyone cleaning there screens? I'm using a Roots (Canadian Brand) Leather flip case...but without a screen protector. As of nowI'm just using the Apple cloth that came with the phone. Any safe ideas on how to clean the screen every now and then? Thanks. I'm afraid to splash acouple drops of windex on the screen every month or so...even though I hear its fine to do so.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

yo, who has jailbroken their phones?
i did a little while ago, and since the cydia update with winterboard is working its been fire.
i cant wait for that gba and snes emulator to come out.

i don't have an iphone anymore but i got an ipod touch and i installed the nes update. i got over 600 games installed. it's hard to play the gamesthough. i don't like it.

took me hours to learn but now i also got a ton of the paid apps from the app store for free
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

OK so here's my situation..... My iphone is unlocked/jailbroken on 1.1.4 still and I was using it with my T-Mobile sim but I also have a AT&T sim that I use for my company cell phone so I popped that into the iphone and of course everything works fine. But the question I have is can I update through itunes to 2.0 and continue to use the AT&T sim without the phone bricking just because it is unlocked?

you can't just update the phone to 2.0 through itunes. it won't be unlocked anymore. you should also restore your iphone, not update. i think thatmay brick your phone because it's unlocked/jailbroken. restore your iphone to 2.0 then pwn it with the pwnage tool (for mac), winpwn (for windows).

Back
Top Bottom