Ipod Classic vs Touch vs Zune

the ipod sound quality is disappointing. the signal-to-noise ratio is too low, the bass is weak and the overall sound is not tuned that great.

i have an old creative zen and the sound quality is a lot better.

So I just bought a ipod touch 64gb for $300 and although it's fun to play with all the apps, I realized that they aren't really that necessary. The sound quality of the touch isn't that great either. The only thing I like about the apple products is itunes, since i use it to listen to music. I am wondering what are your guy's thoughts on mp3 players out in the market right now. What do you guys recommend? I also read upon another mp3 player called Cowon S9, and it seems like it's a really good player, but the design isn't very user friendly.

the ipod is prolly the only apple product ill ever buy haha

Classic > Touch > Zune.
a touch is basically a watered down iphone...

I'm talking about sound quality wise though. My old creative zen vision: M sounds way better than the ipod does, but it's getting old and i have to replace it.

Cowon J3. its cowon latest model after the cowon s9.
has the same stuff as cowon s9 like...
-customizeable Flash user themes
-FM Radio
-good battery life ( 64 HOURS music, 11 HOURS video)
-it can play divx and xvid videos without conversion..
-3.3" AMOLED screen (look it up.. better than a regular LCD screen)
-great sound quality like all cowon players... with special BBE effects
-built in little speaker
-comes in 8/16/ and later 32gb flash
-MicroSD  card slot...  add an extra 32gb of memory
smokin.gif

-microphone

I dont even know why Im tellin this stuff because people just gonna choose the ipod anyway regardless.
cowon-j3-pmp-landscape.jpg

i have a 32 gb touch and an 80 gb classic

i use the classic way more. the touch was kind of fun to play around with though. once they release one larger than 64 gb i might buy it

zune hd looks nice but i need more storage capacity

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I dont even know why Im tellin this stuff because people just gonna choose the ipod anyway regardless.

True that, there's plenty of great players that are out there, but people always seem to go Zune or Ipod, it's sad really there are better players. That Cowon J3 is a quality player though,also theres the Sony x Series and the new Sony A840 series, other players from brands people heard of.

I need more space that 30gb though
ohwell.gif
. Thing is i don't like creating different playlists for itunes and another player so that's why i bought an ipod. But i'm not satisfied with the ipod audio. How's cowon's music program? Is it easy to use? Creative's was trash

i have a classic for my car ...bunch of movies/music videos and mp3 ...hours of entertainment ...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Cowon J3. its cowon latest model after the cowon s9.
has the same stuff as cowon s9 like...
-customizeable Flash user themes
-FM Radio
-good battery life ( 64 HOURS music, 11 HOURS video)
-it can play divx and xvid videos without conversion..
-3.3" AMOLED screen (look it up.. better than a regular LCD screen)
-great sound quality like all cowon players... with special BBE effects
-built in little speaker
-comes in 8/16/ and later 32gb flash
-MicroSD  card slot...  add an extra 32gb of memory
smokin.gif

-microphone

cowon-j3-pmp-landscape.jpg
Looks nice, does it have wi-fi?

Also check out the Sony X-series, Archos 5, and Samsung P3.

That Cowon looks nice. From reviews it sounds like their previous players have really good sound quality, might try and get one depending on when it releases in the US. I need and upgrade from my old ##* ipod

the sony x series is the best sounding mp3 player but it lacks flac
cowon and p3 has flac and they sound good
zune hd is a good sounding mp3 player with a pretty ok browers and has an excellent OLED screen but no flac
ipods = crap garbage scum dumpster
ever since apple ditched wolfson DAC their ipod sound like garbage, its apple's way of milking profits.
if you only listen to music, there should be no reason why anyone should spend over 200 dollars for an mp3 player. You should value sound quality and battery life over the aesthetics
apple wont give you the sound quality but it looks nice and itunes suck.

If i were you, I would get a flashed based mp3 player. mp3 players with hard drives tend to break easily since they have moving parts and they all eventually fail.

i got a 160 gig ipod classic....i don't think i'll be needing anything else for a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom