ipod vs CD

Is there any way to fix the static/quality on the ipod when music is played louder on car speakers?. a friend showed me the same song, one version burned to aCD and other off the Ipod auxillary plugged into the head unit, and the CD quality sounded much more crisp especially when volume is higher, the Ipod at highervolume had a very noticeable static, but I found the midrange to be about equal. he said that for some reason even though they can be the same exact song theCD always plays more crisp then the ipod can play it.

are there any 3rd party applications/ something that can done to fix the ipod so it's equal? or is that not possible?

maybe your aux cord is of poor quality

Every song on my ipod plays perfect loud or not

Originally Posted by All Ready

maybe your aux cord is of poor quality

Every song on my ipod plays perfect loud or not
the songs both play fine, but when you play it louder the ipod has a ton of static on it, regardless of the kbps. from what I've read it justseems like the ipod is not able to output the quality of the CD since it's designed for headphones and not car audio. maybe I answered my own questionperhaps.

What I'm saying is I'm not experiencing any static at all, I bought my ipod exclusively for the car and I haven't had any problems

In fact, it's the complete opposite for me, the ipod plays louder than my cds

I've never experienced static no matter how high the volume with my iPod in the car and the quality matches that of a burnt CD. What brand AUX cord are youusing? Like dude said it may be worth a try to swap it for a new one. Also are you getting similar static with other iPods/players?

I'm not expert, but it may have to do with the quality of music you put onto your ipod. Are you buying the music or downloading it?

Also, is the same exact song on the ipod and CD, or were the songs from different sources? It may not be the iPod at all, but the quality of the music.

I really don't know though. Someone should chime in who knows about the degradation of music as its converted into different formats.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I'm not expert, but it may have to do with the quality of music you put onto your ipod. Are you buying the music or downloading it?

Also, is the same exact song on the ipod and CD, or were the songs from different sources? It may not be the iPod at all, but the quality of the music.

I really don't know though. Someone should chime in who knows about the degradation of music as its converted into different formats.
Even taking into account the loss of quality from CDQ to a lower kbps mp3, there still shouldn't be static...I'd say it's a problemwith the aux hookup

I use 2 things
The auxillary cord and the griffen ipod transmitter (that charges and transmit audio through the speakers)

the ipod transmitter makes a difference because you're keeping the batteries charged up while you're using the aux feature.

YOU MIGHT WANNA GO IN AND CHANGE THE EQ SETTINGS ON THE IPOD or change the EQ settings on itunes for all your songs

Not sure if that makes sense but it does help alot.

You should always keep the iPod volume at 50% or somewhere around there. If it's still staticy it's probably the cord or the aux connection. MP3quality determines how rich the song will sound and shouldn't have anything to do with static.

If you turn the volume up on the iPod and not the stereo it'll distort it. If you get a good ipod adapter for your car you shouldn't have that problemtoo.

Back
Top Bottom