Ironman triathletes

wondering if there are any ironman triathletes on niketalk?? i did my first full iron distance triathlon this past saturday in oklahoma city. it took me 15hrs 2 min to swim 2.4 miles ride 112 miles and run 26.2. my goal was 14 hrs, but at least i finished. made the most out of the day and stopped several timesto take pics with the family.

props...you gotta be some kinda animal to do this %*!+
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Props my dude....

I'm looking into doing a triathlon next summer....I'm not worried about the biking or running...it's the damn swimming that I'm nervous about.Swimming a mile is a LOOOOOONG way
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

Props my dude....

I'm looking into doing a triathlon next summer....I'm not worried about the biking or running...it's the damn swimming that I'm nervous about. Swimming a mile is a LOOOOOONG way
smh.gif

QFT! That is the hardest part by far. Just swimming that far would be hard enough, let alone trying to do it as fast as you could.

its embarassing but i was never taught how to swim as a kid. finally i enrolled in adult learn to swim lessons and had my first lesson this past monday. its myonly block stopping me from doing an olympic triathlon (the ironman ones are ridiculous for my conditioning). hopefully in a year to 2yrs ill be good enough atswimming to do one. I got a road racing bike early in spring and its one of the best things ive ever purchased. more you ride, faster you go, harder you work.. the more addictive it gets.

props to you man, thats a spectacular accomplishment. that is a lot to ask of the human body and to be in that kind of shape, amazing. whats your trainingschedule like?

Originally Posted by brrraptors

its embarassing but i was never taught how to swim as a kid. finally i enrolled in adult learn to swim lessons and had my first lesson this past monday. its my only block stopping me from doing an olympic triathlon (the ironman ones are ridiculous for my conditioning). hopefully in a year to 2yrs ill be good enough at swimming to do one. I got a road racing bike early in spring and its one of the best things ive ever purchased. more you ride, faster you go, harder you work .. the more addictive it gets.

props to you man, thats a spectacular accomplishment. that is a lot to ask of the human body and to be in that kind of shape, amazing. whats your training schedule like?
dude that aint embarrassing. not everyone is lucky enough to grow up with a pool, and it takes some motivation and commitment to set a goal likethat and go for it. much props to you.

To OP. EXCELLENT JOB. I got some friends who do tri's regularly and they been trying to get my fat @%#! into it too. Im taking baby steps and trying todo the running part first. I'm damn near 30 years old and never ran more than 3 miles at once in my life prior to this year. I finished my first halfmarathon earlier this year and want to tackle a full marathon within the next 6-8 months. I've been thinking of getting a road bike to start practicingthat, but I just dont have the scratch for it right now. Not that I need a top of the line bike if I'm a super beginner, but a couple of my dudes spentupwards of $5K on their setups. I dont got that kinda money to put down on a bicycle.

I spent $1200 on my bike and it worked fine for me. i would love to be able to get one of those high $ bikes tho. they do make a huge diff. as for swimming,that was the hardest part for me. i am a horrible swimmer with horrible technique. luckily we were allowed to wear a wetsuit which helps you float a greatdeal. thanks for the props guys. i would suggest the okc redman triathlon as a great beginner course for a full ironman distance. nice and flat with the swimin a good lake.

Back
Top Bottom