Is $18k too much for a 1996 Impala SS?

They did not make many of these cars.

These are true texas legend type @*# ....

Every dudes dream in the hood is to have a 96 triple black SS.

i would not pay that much for one , for that price you could get a new one.

Classic body style though. Chevy bubbles look cold when they are clean with 2s or 4s on em.

and you dont put no damn turbos on a LT1

10532871.jpg

that joint is 2 smoooooth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by polorico

They did not make many of these cars.

These are true texas legend type %## ....

Every dudes dream in the hood is to have a 96 triple black SS.

i would not pay that much for one , for that price you could get a new one.

Classic body style though. Chevy bubbles look cold when they are clean with 2s or 4s on em.

They made 70,000 Impala SS from the factory, thats high production for a "collectors car". 

It aint bout number pal , thats a pretty small amount of cars made for the public.

What makes those cars rare , is if they are clean and survived these last 15 years.......

ill take a LT1

over that turbo v-6 GTX/Grand nat all day.

your gonna get a lot of different opinions.

if impalas are your scene, then you obviously would know the worth they are for that following..

in the "impala world" if these cars go for say... 20k... then i would guess 18k is good.

in the "real world" lol.. and for people not in to this hobby, the usual answer youll get is you crazy for paying 18k for a 1996 impala.

im in to cars, and if my priorities werent straight OR i had lots of money to burn, i would go buy an MKIV supra turbo with t-tops and mods that make it get 700HP to the rear wheels. there are some out there already done how i would do it for 40k.. but there are more important things,

so when it comes down to OP, you really got the true answer to your own question..

18 grand is completely a fair price for a low milage ss. I like how people are randomly making up prices. Someone said 8 to 10 grand for that. Yeah, and id pay $30 for some OG concords!

And to the fool stating he'd rather have an ls1 over a buick v6 turbo all I can say is hahahahahaha. I love ss but they are simply not in the same performance class as an 87 grand national. Ls1 is a nice engine but the turbo v6 is a remarkable torque machine that would eat up an ss.

polorico wrote:
It aint bout number pal , thats a pretty small amount of cars made for the public.

What makes those cars rare , is if they are clean and survived these last 15 years.......

ill take a LT1

over that turbo v-6 GTX/Grand nat all day.

But it kinda is about a number...

The more cars produced = more survivor cars = less rare

18 grand is completely a fair price for a low milage ss. I like how people are randomly making up prices.

This.

People seem to be overlooking the fact that you can't go back in time nearly 20 years and tell people to not drive their Impala SS too much so that you can buy one in the future with low mileage. The fact that it's still in good condition after all those years is something that you can't really put a price on.

Im about Impalas and caprice al the way own a few old schools and a new one..I know everyone wants that 96 but honestly your only gain over a 95 is a floor shifter..is a floor shifter really worth another 8K to ya? Even with those miles I doubt you would ever get that back on a resale but thats all up to you..I pay alot of old schools that don't run and people think I'm crazy..I think if you look hard enough you could find one for cheaper. There for sale around here usually in the 8-10K range with decent miles. Alot of that price is gunna depend on your location to. like polorico said in texas there the thing to have..around here not so much..diferant areas have differant cars that are popular..look for a area there not so sought after.

27k could be a brand new car, you might wanna get smart with it because gas is supposed to be a killer this summer 4cyl

That's how much these impalas are going for..... I have been watching these for years now.... Seen one sell for 25K a couple of weeks ago but it only had 14k miles on it..... 95 - 96 impala doesn't drop in value like all this other bs....And they still been selling well at those prices.... Hard to find one in good shape though....

OP it does seem like a bit too much but if you're really in to the car then do it. If it's stressing you see if he could take a stack or two lower.

96 ss's are one of my favorite cars and I would really love to own a fresh one some day. Hope you get the whip and throw some pics up on nt if you do!

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

dropping 18k on car from 1996 is such a logically grownup thing to do. You can practically buy a new car or really good used car for 18k. Think wisely.

i gotta go with this

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

dropping 18k on car from 1996 is such a logically grownup thing to do. You can practically buy a new car or really good used car for 18k. Think wisely.

i gotta go with this

875784564.gif

OP gonna be sittin in his Imp like...  

funny-gifs-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Blue Book value: $15K
NADA: $11k

Finding these cars in great shape & low miles is rare. So KBB & NADA are not true indicators of value. I've seen this car get sold for MORE many of times.

If I did get this car I'd keep it forever and drive it everyday. My uncle is a mechanic so if anything were to happen I know who to call.

Flexing in a 96 Impala blasting this?
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom