Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

50 Cent is introverted. (Well at least seems to have BECOME introverted or the years).

He barely features artists on his albums/singles & stays "speakin' his mind" about someone.

People just think 50 Cent is a terd.

50 Cent has a tour going on right now... and he just performed in a pretty small venue, here. Jay-Z came and performed at Toyota Center, 50 did his where Jagged Edge performed recently. Not sure if that's an indicator of anything, but a five years ago, I'm sure 50 would have been trying to find the biggest venue the city has to offer.

Seems like it. I like that he speaks his mind and doesnt give these politically correct/boring interviews. It would be easy for him to get a feature and nice beat from whoever is hot but i think dude still feels he can make a hit on his own. Hes prideful which sometimes can be positive and negative.

50 isolated himself too much with his corny beef gimmicks....if you wanna make money these days you have to @!%+ with everybody

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

50 isolated himself too much with his corny beef gimmicks....if you wanna make money these days you have to @!%+ with everybody

i don't think fifty has to ever worry about that
laugh.gif

Im sure he is doing well for himself in other aspects but music wise he probablly isnt getting money. But really who is getting money off music nowadays?

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Im sure he is doing well for himself in other aspects but music wise he probablly isnt getting money. But really who is getting money off music nowadays?

People who release good music.

roll.gif
yall actin like this sum kinda stadium tour , im sure 50 is making WAY MORE per venue then a packed stadium tour that live nation payed for and advertised.

how is he being blackballed? He just isnt motivated by music anymore probably. He went diamond+ not hungry anymore.

He packs arenas still . If he makes another "in da club", Diddy and the rest of the industry will be jocking for places in the video.

he cant make another in da club... he never went diamond... and ummm... yea he blackballed himself because he basically beefed with the whole industry... no help for him now...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

he cant make another in da club... and ummm... yea he blackballed himself because he basically beefed with the whole industry... no help for him now...

fixed and QFT

50 never went Diamond in America...

He always add his total sales (america + the rest of the world)

But really who is getting money off music nowadays?

People who release good music.

laughable. Really.

if he makes another "in da club", Diddy and the rest of the industry will be jocking for places in the video.

true story.

I think the biggest issue with Curtis is subject matter. Gangsta rap gets tired fast and that's exactly what happened. He can talk extremely greasy but people dont wanna hear that either. He's a hustler anyway.....he's smart enough to flip that 1 Mil deal with Interscope into being on Forbes. I'm sure he's not worried about music or being relevant right now as long as he's eating from his other business ventues.

BISD was a bit scattered and didn't have the overwhelming hit his previous albums had

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

when did he go diamond?

worldwide sensation was what i was counting , the distinction doesn't really matter since he went 8x here
grin.gif

yeah like dude said its tired now subject matter wise. Hes not helping his own cause with the third and fourth albums being lackluster.

He could get inside industry help (song makers song writers producers) but maybe labels dont see why spend that time and resource on him? might be a blackball thing,but still gotta make great albums indie or on a major label to stay relevant.

Then again...i heard his contract was done...and the next album would be a greatest hits sorta thing....i wouldnt wanna hear another album of his anyway.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

i may be reaching but i think he is.... his latest album hasn't met the standards of his other counterparts, plus alot of people who are is involved in the music industry don't doesn't really get along with dude... all the talk how 50 & Dre haven't hasn't been seeing eye to eye since he has been working with Game, Eminem working with Lil Wayne and so on...

Diddy has made a supergroup called The Supreme Team, which is the group that 50's Arch Nemesis Kenneth "Supreme" Mcgriff created

Diddy & Dr. Dre has been recently working together to promote Diddy Beats

Before I Self Destruct wasn't promoted by Interscope

50 Recently spoke about Diddy & how he handles his Business

Dr. Dre is supposedly working with Jay-Z who 50 had try to lure him into his trap

i may be reaching but i see the industy ain't too fond with dude...
I'm sorry, but I had to.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom