Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

50 wore himself out to the public. Too many mixtapes so people get tired of hearing him and then when he does finally put an actual album out he pays for $10 beats from no name producers with a few great tracks sprinkled in there. Just go back to Dre and have him hook you up and then 50 will be on top again and put out an album that people want to listen to. I mean if Em can get an entire album out of Dre with Relapse, I don't think it would be that hard for 50 to get one out of him.

50 Cent took the stage at Houston’s Arena Theater on Saturday night (June 12), and it was easily apparent that his fan base has started to wane. The venue was only filled to 50 percent capacity, but like a pro, the G-Unit general saw the glass as half full and focused on captivating the crowd on hand with his signature laugh and charismatic smile.

Tony Yayo served as hype man throughout the show, urging the audience to get out their seats before Fif opened with “The Days Went By

Originally Posted by gambit215

Lotta 50 hate on NT....wow.........all I know is 50 isnt just a rapper anymore, you cant expect him to be on the radio every 5 minutes, 50 can always come back with a hit because unlike most of your favorite artists, the man can put a SONG together....... Im afraid to see the anti-Drake posts when he gets stale...you people are fickle as hell...

50 could never rap... he cant really make songs either outside of the aftermath formula... which is why he's done... all his $*!! is formulated $#%+@$%@ with super simple rhymes and the same hook melody... dude is trash...

Nobody has to blackball Fif. Fact is, he's music is garbage. Get Rich Or Die Trying was a solid record. But let's be for real. Fif wasn't saying #%+# in between the beats and the lyrics. So when you're career is based off of music like that how much shelf life do you actually have? Dude was a gimmick rapper. He came in beefing with everyone. And you know what? I didn't trip on that *!@. It was refreshing. But he got to the point where he was beefing with people for no reason. Like he was suppose to work with Chamillionaire on a track and dude started beefing with him because Koopa did a song with Ja Rule.
laugh.gif
Then he started taking shots at Wayne, Drake, Jay.......this dude was taking shots at anyone for no reason. His act got tired and his music got worse. Every album post Get Rich Or Die Trying sounded like reject tracks that weren't good enough to make Get Rich or Die Trying.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Lotta 50 hate on NT....wow.........all I know is 50 isnt just a rapper anymore, you cant expect him to be on the radio every 5 minutes, 50 can always come back with a hit because unlike most of your favorite artists, the man can put a SONG together....... Im afraid to see the anti-Drake posts when he gets stale...you people are fickle as hell...

50 could never rap... he cant really make songs either outside of the aftermath formula... which is why he's done... all his $*!! is formulated $#%+@$%@ with super simple rhymes and the same hook melody... dude is trash...
Wow at you having no clue how music writing works. 50 was taught structure of songs. I say this every month when somebody brings up Lil Wayne. Wayne has NO structure of his songs and can't write a SONG to save his life. Let him freestyle his crazy non sense off the top of his head, but its so unorganized and you all know it. 50 can write a organized song to the point that you know he knows how music works. Add to the fact that 50 came and did what he said he wanted to do. Get Rich............... and hes not dead.

50 could never rap..

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Wow at you having no clue how music writing works. 50 was taught structure of songs. I say this every month when somebody brings up Lil Wayne. Wayne has NO structure of his songs and can't write a SONG to save his life. Let him freestyle his crazy non sense off the top of his head, but its so unorganized and you all know it. 50 can write a organized song to the point that you know he knows how music works. Add to the fact that 50 came and did what he said he wanted to do. Get Rich............... and hes not dead.
what are u talkin about? they both know song structure... only thing is 50 uses the same formula to put all of his %$$! together so it sounds the same and uninspired... wayne takes chances and ultimately makes better songs... 50 cent hasnt made a dope song in years

In some aspects he sort of is it seems like, but he did bring it upon himself. Hip Hop has 0 loyalty, it's just a trend

50 puts out good stuff, ppl jus hatin on kid cause he makin it. No one out there really supportin him, cause he aint out there d ridin like alot of these of fake rappers.

what are u talkin about? they both know song structure... only thing is 50 uses the same formula to put all of his %$$! together so it sounds the same and uninspired... wayne takes chances and ultimately makes better songs... 50 cent hasnt made a dope song in years
Baby by me is an example of a perfect structured song my friend. Do you song write? Do you know how music is written? I am a song writer and believe or not, there is a science to song writing and Wayne does not do good at it. Want to know who does in their camp? Drake. Thats why his stuff catches on. He knows how to structure his writings. Wayne doesn't therefore his songs suck. Want to know why Lollipop blew up? Static Major. Dude understood  song structure.

You guys are crazy about this small venue thing. Just because Fiddy is playing small venues doesnt mean he isnt raking in money and it certainly doesnt mean he has fallen off. I just saw Nas, Drake, Lupe and Alicia Keys recently at the same venue that 50 just performed at. Those artists must be hurtin too huh?

Small venues do NOT reflect amount of fans who want to see the artist.

One thing I don't understand is why is more than half of his tour in the south? 

50 is an intelligent guy though...he's writing topseller books, and grinding to make a blockbuster hit...
Hip Hop is ridding of him, but entertainment as a whole, no...he's smart

Baby by me is an example of a perfect structured song my friend. Do you song write? Do you know how music is written? I am a song writer and believe or not, there is a science to song writing and Wayne does not do good at it. Want to know who does in their camp? Drake. Thats why his stuff catches on. He knows how to structure his writings. Wayne doesn't therefore his songs suck. Want to know why Lollipop blew up? Static Major. Dude understood  song structure.
yea i write and i know what u mean... wayne isnt a great songwriter or anything but im sure he understands the %*!%... 50 understands the basic concepts but what he doesnt understand is that %*!% evolves... as a writer u have to as well... he never did... and yea i song write...

i think kanye did to 50, during that whole graduation vs curtis thing, what 50 did to ja rule circa 2003

Originally Posted by superswag

i think kanye did to 50, during that whole graduation vs curtis thing, what 50 did to ja rule circa 2003
laugh.gif
Not even close. 50 JaRuled himself. He made people tired of him that whole thinghe had with Ross was the last straw he looked like a clown most of the time.

Those Youtube videos aren't bad at all. It was probably just a venue that wasn't THA big anyway. Ya'll OD'in...

Everybody does big & small venues. 50 Cent can still sell out theaters and stadiums, just off of his catalogue before BISD...

Back
Top Bottom