Is a penny worth it.

Every time I buy something from a store I realize that they round off the price. I have been wondering if I should ask for my penny in stores when things arepriced or end with 99 cents? To me I feel a penny is money. but is it worth the hassle?

indifferent.gif

what??? i never have this happen to me...if anything...if it's $1.01, they'll round it off in my favor...never against me.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

what??? i never have this happen to me...if anything...if it's $1.01, they'll round it off in my favor...never against me.
this.

and yet even if it happened twice a day, every day for a year, that's $7.30. no big deal

I feel that its not a big deal sometimes and I just let it go. A lot of times feel I want to argue it. But I don't want to be one of those people to getinto an argument in the store over one cent.

I went to pay for a pizza, 1.88, came to 2.03
as I was going through my coin pocket to get the correct change, ol' lady said forget it, we got it.
I like using my pennies in correct change. Kinda ruined my fun there...

Happens once in a while, but think about all the times some one has let you slide and rounded in your favor. Once in a while I'll forget to give a customerhis penny, but most people don't want the change so I almost always round out in their favor and my register stays balanced.

im a server in a restaurant i usually don't give out coin change i just round it off to a dollar

Back
Top Bottom