Is anybody else disappointed with Lebron's first five shoes?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Heck no.

I love LeBron's line.

And I LOVE the IIIs.

In terms of looks (for me): III > II > V > AZG > IV

I really do not like the IVs.
laugh.gif
Co-Sign. IVs are very overrated and the IIIs are underrated. The Lebron sig. is really the only one I look forward to each year, so I think theredoing pretty good.

I love the look of the III's, but they are easily the least comfortable of all the Lebrons. I'd have multiple pairs if they didnt hurt so much
aside from that, I've liked pretty much all the Lebron product until after the IV's dropped. I really havent liked any of the footwear afterthose...the V's, Soldiers, and ST's. The V lows look promising though

jordansponsorsme wrote:
But back to the topic at hand, I just think Lebron's do not compare to the signature shoes and other high end shoes of the late 90's. I know there has to be other people out there that would agree with me on this. Nick, are you out there? The fact is, the Lebron's may be good by today's standards (since nothing Nike puts out lately is all that riveting), but when compared to the shoes of just 10 years ago, the Lebron's wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah, that's false.

Agassi and Jordan are the only sig lines in the 90's that I would say were better than LeBron's line so far. Not Nike's Penny line. Not Nike'sPayton line. Not Nike's Griffey li... o.k., yes, Nike's Griffey line was better than LeBron's so far. But not Nike's Pippen line. NotReebok's Iverson line. Not Nike's Barkley line. Not Fila's Hill line. Not adidas Kobe line.

In terms of quality, performance and appearance, I would only put the 90's lines of Agassi, Jordan, and Griffey above LeBron.

II- AZG- 20.5.5-Soldiers- III-IV.......................................................................................................... V

Not at all... the only way you can be disappointed if you expected his shoes to more like Jordan's

What about the Lebron IVs didnt push the envelope?

Although I am slightly let-down by the Vs, I have to say that performance wise and design wise, Nike has done well with Lebron

The Lebron IV's are the best looking IMO but when I balled with the shoe, it felt heavy on my foot. Disappointed with the Lebron V's especially thefirst release. Have to see the black/crimson colorway.

i think the first lebrons was a dissapointment but things got brighter after the II's...... then the III's came lebron been shining ever sence

I think the 2s were nice and the 4s had good quality there were just heavy. I havent tried on the 5s yet and i think they look boring but double stacked zoomand foam makes em seem like they 'll be pretty good for ballin.

I like all of the Lebrons but dont you think they should of put the Lebron man on the shoe by now just like nike did with the tongue of the jordan V's:pimp:

Originally Posted by jordansponsorsme

Thanks for the replies. I guess nobody agrees with me. And to clarify, no I don't wear any Lebron's for basketball. My favorite shoe for balling is the FP1 and it seems like I will never find anything better although I always try. For me, the shoe has to be visually appealing in order to give it a try. In other words, I have to visualize it being a good shoe FOR ME, and then I would try it out. I don't have the money to buy every shoe that comes out and give it a try because if I don't like it, then I'm stuck with it. The Lebron V's look really tacky and appeared to be poorly made. Obviously I am not a shoe quality expert, but I think anyone that critically looks at this shoe would realize this. I know Retro Jordan's have had poor quality as of late, but keep in mind that JB does not intend for them to be balled in. They are meant more for the collectors or just to wear around (explains why there are L'Style colors). You are supposed to buy the Air Jordan's or other team models for playing in. But back to the topic at hand, I just think Lebron's do not compare to the signature shoes and other high end shoes of the late 90's. I know there has to be other people out there that would agree with me on this. Nick, are you out there? The fact is, the Lebron's may be good by today's standards (since nothing Nike puts out lately is all that riveting), but when compared to the shoes of just 10 years ago, the Lebron's wouldn't stand a chance.

I gotta disagree with this statement and your statement that all of Lebron's sig. shoes thus far have been disappointing. Kaczalas can vouch that I am aKobe collector so my love for the Lebron isn't anywhere close to that of the Kobe line. With that said, I have to say that the Lebron line has been farfrom disappointing. The Lebron II, which I've been trying to get a pair (11.5 or 12) for a decent price, is awesome. Although I have not had the pleasureto wear them yet, aesthetically they are a great step back to the look of the old school mid tops and reading the many reviews out there perform very verywell. My first pair of Lebron's were the IV's and although they are heavy I have to say that they by far are one of the most comfortable shoes I haveworn. The cushioning is incredible and your foot feels protected under the foamposite body. The V took the safe route in my opinion but still looks good. Iknow I'll get it eventually, not anytime soon.

Regarding your statement that Nike doesn't put out anything riveting anymore, I have too disagree. I have to use the Air Zoom Kobe II for this one. Niketook 1.5 years to research and develop this shoe. What they came up with was something not only sleak and aesthetically pleasing but something that had neverbeen done before. They incorporated True Nike Free, with Zoom Air and a Carbon Fiber Shank Plate something that has NEVER been done before in a basketballshoe, not to mention the 1 piece upper. I don't know how much more riveting Nike can get, when they have created a basketball shoe that has pushed thetechnological envelope.
Originally Posted by AJ27526

What about the Lebron IVs didnt push the envelope?

Although I am slightly let-down by the Vs, I have to say that performance wise and design wise, Nike has done well with Lebron

Honestly, I don't think the IV pushed the envelope much. They were the first nike sig. to use foamposite in years, other than that nothing else reallypushed technology or design.

I have high hopes for the VI. Seems like the even numbered lebrons look great, while the odd numbered lebrons are garbage.
II & IV > AZG, III,...................................................................................................................................................................V

I's - didnt like
II's - didnt like
IIIs - looked nice, comfortable
IV' - VERY comfortable, style not for everyone
V - ehh...

The first ones were boring, non sig worthy IMO. The 2's were ugly at first but a few colorways looked OK. The 3's were repulsive, seriously. Hideous.Looked like some damn Jordache kicks from the late 80's. The 4's were decent, saw them today for like $50 but I just don't think they're goodfor causal wear. The 5's suck, plain and simple. They look like a take down version of a real sig shoe.

I'm talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint, I don't play ball.

I think Nike and the NBA are in deep trouble hitching their wagons to this good but not spectacular player who's quiet boring to watch. I don't see himgetting non basketball fans interested in the NBA based on his style of play and lack of charisma.

The quality on the LeBron line is excellent. The shoes from the 2 on are damn near invincible. The durability is unmatched.

These have been dragged through an entire Canadian winter, worn almost daily, and they're still fresh as hell.

73o74hu.jpg

2>3>5>AZG>4

I actually like the LeBron II the best. It was the lightest shoe that he came out with. The rest seemed pretty heavy on the feet. Don't you guys agree?

^ I don't. the Soldier and AZG are lighter. The V's are pretty much the same.

I still don't think a single person has agreed with me thus far, but that's ok. I guess there's just something I don't understand and Idon't know if anyone on this board is going to help me understand it. I used to be the biggest shoe freak ever. It all started in fourth grade when my momwouldn't allow me to get the Air Jordan XI's. The following year, I was allowed to get the XII's for Christmas and that's when the shoe hobbyofficially began. This hobby was maintained until just about my 20th birthday in 2006, so it lasted a good ten years! I would have to say that my departurefrom the "shoe game" is partly due to maturation on my part, but mostly due to the fact that I don't find any of the current shoes all thatappealing. There must have been other people that felt the same way (probably before I even came to this realization) and I think Nike picked up on this, whichis why I think retro's came about in the first place. Nike was trying to appeal to the people that weren't entirely satisfied with their currentproducts. I'll admit that the XX3's have caught my attention given that they will be the last Air Jordan and I'm also excited about the FP1'sbeing retro'd since they are my favorite balling shoes, but I can't guarantee that I will purchase either of them. Well, I don't know what else tosay. Most of you have probably not been into shoes as long as I have, so your expectations might not be as great. And those that have, maybe you didn'tvalue the shoes from the late 90's like I did. But anyway, I guess I'm happy if all of you are pleased with the Lebron's and all of Nike'sother shoes as of late. All I can say is, there must be something wrong if a long-time "shoehead" like myself cannot appreciate them just the same.

Honestly, I don't think the IV pushed the envelope much. They were the first nike sig. to use foamposite in years, other than that nothing else really pushed technology or design

yeah, I see where you're coming from man. Perhaps I should have clarified myself more. I guess what I'd like to say is that when the IVs emerged, Ipicked up a sort of visual excitement I haven't gotten in a good while from Nike. Tech wise, there wasn't much headway. But aesthetically I thought theIVs were something fresh and original that we have not seen before. Thats really what I perhaps mistakenly meant by saying "pushing the envelope"

But to the thread starter, I have a hard time finding many disappointments

I wouldn't say dissappointed, but I do hate the inner bootie fit.
AZG
happy.gif
(I still want the First Games)
sick.gif
That inner bootie was a blower.
tired.gif
They were kinda bulky, but the lo's were on point.
smokin.gif
I was against the Foam (I love the Foams by the way
grin.gif
) material on them but they grew on me and I think they are the best as far ascomfort and stability.
devil.gif
I'll have to wait for a FTL 50% to cop me a pair becauseLeBron's price point is off the chains.

Not dissappointed at all.
The AZG didn't appeal to me.
The II's are a throwback to 90's Nike style and I rocked them till the Zoom fell off.
The III's are ill, black/gold colorway is best.
The IV's are next level with so much attrention to detail.
The V"s--I haven't had a chance to cop, but those navy joints are dope.

Back
Top Bottom