Is anyone here actually feeling the effects of the economic crisis?

I must say that I have not been affected, nor am I seeing anyone around me being affected (i.e. neighbors, coworkers, local businesses, etc.) other than whatis on the news. Anyone here directly/indirectly impacted by the current economic crisis, if so how?

2 people at my job have been laid off already, and my hours have been significantly cut. I work for Wells Fargo and was hoping that the Wachovia purchase wouldstimulate workflow into my department but that's still pending.

nope...buying a new car (well new to me) and a house.....no one around me seems to be feeling it yet.....I emphasis yet...

Figuring out financial aid for school yeah. Who to trust?
I worked, saved, and still came up short.

Actually no. But based on the way things are goin' at my pops business, I can tell that it's taking a toll on many places. It's probably gonna takea while before it hits a lot of people directly. It's small businesses and stocks that are feelin' the pain right now.

Hell yeah....I've felt the impact in a MAJOR, MAJOR WAY. My mortgage doubled, the value of my house went down, i lost over 30k in equity andI cant sell my house even though I have it on the market for a lot less than what its worth..

Luckily I have a new crib, but i'm going to lose my 1st house to foreclosure.

my job laid off 2 people and some companies I recruit for are having hiring freezes (american airlines, DFW airport, american airlines credit union,countrywide, capital one auto finance) which has messed up my placements.

gas prices over the summer hit me harder than whats going on right now, though im sure come may when i graduate im going to have a blast trying to find a job

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Hell yeah....I've felt the impact in a MAJOR, MAJOR WAY. My mortgage doubled, the value of my house went down, i lost over 30k in equity and I cant sell my house even though I have it on the market for a lot less than what its worth..

Luckily I have a new crib, but i'm going to lose my 1st house to foreclosure.

my job laid off 2 people and some companies I recruit for are having hiring freezes (american airlines, DFW airport, american airlines credit union, countrywide, capital one auto finance) which has messed up my placements.
damn bro sorry to hear that

it seems like its only affecting certain sectors right now...dosent seem like its really hit "Joe Six-pack" just yet

yes!

food has gone up. i remember when honey nut cheerios was 2 for 5, pringles were 1, etc...

yes!
that and my reckless spending habits...
Trying to correct a bad habit with no money FTL...
frown.gif

The ones who are saying no most likely have no investments in stocks, mutual funds, IRAs, 529s etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom