Is anyone on here less likely to buy LeBron's

just gonna give my two cents...

i think it's silly to abandon a brand just because of this incident. sure, what lebron did was a little shady (especially going on national tv to announce it to the world), but alot of people expected he would leave.

personally, i think basketball-wise, going to chicago would have been better because they have a better overall team and a great history/legacy/fan base to build from. and maybe image-wise, going to new york would be better since he'd have to just win one ring in new york and be forever glorified by fans and basketball analysts. going to miami is cool and all, but it does hurt his legacy. at 25 years old, he still has the potential to be the best that has ever played the game, but by playing with a player that is almost as good as him, there's a big possibility he won't perform as well as we've seen him for the last 4 years.

i know he mentioned that winning a championship in miami will feel the same as winning in cleveland, but i highly doubt it. you could see it in kobe's face when he won his fourth ring. nothing is more special than sticking it out and getting over the hump and finally winning in the place where you started, after all the heart-break.

what's done is done, but i do think his brand will take a hit. how can it not? half of the basketball world hates him (obviously for silly reasons), but that's just how it is right now. the people that have been his fans since the beginning will still buy his shoes and merchandise, the the casual fan or the die-hard cleveland fan probably won't, and that's probably a large portion of where his revenue comes from.

someone mentioned that as soon as he wins, then all will be forgotten and people will move on. i agree to a certain extent, but the problem with his choice is that the media will always attach a "but" to his championship accomplishments. the same way the media said that kobe only won because of shaq, lebron will have people saying he only won because of d.wade and c.bosh. sure, every great player had a great partner (michael had pippen, magic had kareem, kobe had gasol), but there was no doubt who the leader was. just looking at how lebron, wade, and bosh interact, it seems that it's wade's team, which means that lebron has become the backup. the partner. the "robin". the "pippen". lebron will have that stigma attached to his career from now on, which is perfectly fine, but i just think that people never thought that he was that type of player. that's what make it strange.

anyways, hopefully people will still buy his stuff. i'm excited to see what logo nike decides to give him. i really hope they don't stick with the lion head (very plain and stupid if you ask me). i've always liked kobe's stuff better so that won't change, but i'll be interested to see what ends up happening with his brand...

i think it's silly to abandon a brand just because of this incident. sure, what lebron did was a little shady (especially going on national tv to announce it to the world), but alot of people expected he would leave.

personally, i think basketball-wise, going to chicago would have been better because they have a better overall team and a great history/legacy/fan base to build from. and maybe image-wise, going to new york would be better since he'd have to just win one ring in new york and be forever glorified by fans and basketball analysts. going to miami is cool and all, but it does hurt his legacy. at 25 years old, he still has the potential to be the best that has ever played the game, but by playing with a player that is almost as good as him, there's a big possibility he won't perform as well as we've seen him for the last 4 years.

i know he mentioned that winning a championship in miami will feel the same as winning in cleveland, but i highly doubt it. you could see it in kobe's face when he won his fourth ring. nothing is more special than sticking it out and getting over the hump and finally winning in the place where you started, after all the heart-break.

what's done is done, but i do think his brand will take a hit. how can it not? half of the basketball world hates him (obviously for silly reasons), but that's just how it is right now. the people that have been his fans since the beginning will still buy his shoes and merchandise, the the casual fan or the die-hard cleveland fan probably won't, and that's probably a large portion of where his revenue comes from.

someone mentioned that as soon as he wins, then all will be forgotten and people will move on. i agree to a certain extent, but the problem with his choice is that the media will always attach a "but" to his championship accomplishments. the same way the media said that kobe only won because of shaq, lebron will have people saying he only won because of d.wade and c.bosh. sure, every great player had a great partner (michael had pippen, magic had kareem, kobe had gasol), but there was no doubt who the leader was. just looking at how lebron, wade, and bosh interact, it seems that it's wade's team, which means that lebron has become the backup. the partner. the "robin". the "pippen". lebron will have that stigma attached to his career from now on, which is perfectly fine, but i just think that people never thought that he was that type of player. that's what make it strange.

anyways, hopefully people will still buy his stuff. i'm excited to see what logo nike decides to give him. i really hope they don't stick with the lion head (very plain and stupid if you ask me). i've always liked kobe's stuff better so that won't change, but i'll be interested to see what ends up happening with his brand...

It dont stop me from coppin them. They obviously make a great shoe for him, even though most of them can kinda feel like bricks. But I am still a Lebron fan so his decision does not play a factor for me.

It dont stop me from coppin them. They obviously make a great shoe for him, even though most of them can kinda feel like bricks. But I am still a Lebron fan so his decision does not play a factor for me.

Originally Posted by Informerx

doing all they can to surround them with good players (Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison

WHAT???  You mean a way-past-his-prime Shaq, a cant-play-defense Jamison, and a Mo Williams that took too many bad jumpshots on the perimiter instead of running the point? But I am by no means flaming you for your opinion though, just sayin.

doing all they can to surround them with good players (Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison

WHAT???  You mean a way-past-his-prime Shaq, a cant-play-defense Jamison, and a Mo Williams that took too many bad jumpshots on the perimiter instead of running the point? But I am by no means flaming you for your opinion though, just sayin.

Originally Posted by orthotic

people sure werent saying this *@@% when they got these dudes. people were saying they were gonna win a title. they were saying ferry should be gm of the year. also that if they didnt win it this year lebron couldnt blame it on management if they didnt win cuz they got him help. soon as they got eliminated everyone changed their tune...

Originally Posted by orthotic

people sure werent saying this *@@% when they got these dudes. people were saying they were gonna win a title. they were saying ferry should be gm of the year. also that if they didnt win it this year lebron couldnt blame it on management if they didnt win cuz they got him help. soon as they got eliminated everyone changed their tune...

if people gonna stop buying lebron shoes cuz he switch teams for watever reason,, then none of you people should a own a pair of jordans,,

if people gonna stop buying lebron shoes cuz he switch teams for watever reason,, then none of you people should a own a pair of jordans,,

Nope, I think the VIII's are ugly anyway and I can't support him anymore. He will be good as wades sidekick I guess, SMH

Nope, I think the VIII's are ugly anyway and I can't support him anymore. He will be good as wades sidekick I guess, SMH

I buy sneakers based on how they look and perform.

I copped the VI's and VII's because I thought they looked nice.

The VIII's, im not feeling at all.

I buy sneakers based on how they look and perform.

I copped the VI's and VII's because I thought they looked nice.

The VIII's, im not feeling at all.

His decision to go to Miami will not stop me from buying his kicks. But the Lebron 7 is his only shoe that I've liked and purchased. I don't really like the Lebron 8 but maybe some nice cw's will change that.

His decision to go to Miami will not stop me from buying his kicks. But the Lebron 7 is his only shoe that I've liked and purchased. I don't really like the Lebron 8 but maybe some nice cw's will change that.

no, I havent bought a pair of lebrons and wont, not because i dont want them (id kill for the dunkman or asg 7's) but because of the rediculous price tag nike feeds us. and the 8 looks dumb. ahahah

Back
Top Bottom