Is anything possible?

Everything boils down to semantics.

Up can be down and down can be up. The same with left and right.

It's possible, but some fudging may need to be done.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Time travel is not possible.
You can't say that.

You may have encountered yourself ten years from now on the street a while back. However, you are in two different space time worm continuum, so you interacting with him wouldn't effect you.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying that it hasn't been disproven.

interesting point.

Originally Posted by onlyicanbcb603

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Time travel is not possible.
You can't say that.

You may have encountered yourself ten years from now on the street a while back. However, you are in two different space time worm continuum, so you interacting with him wouldn't effect you.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying that it hasn't been disproven.

interesting point.
Well...well...well...

Look who it is.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Young Safari

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

^ Limitations? What limitations?

- Safari
You serious? I'll give you 2 simple ones.

Physical world - Ice cannot be hotter than steam.
Political World - a Presidential pardon is irrevocable

A nation of people cannot stand up and say that a pardon is wrong and change that law? It hasn't and might not happen but it is possible.

As for ice not being hotter than steam, that seems absolute but an example of something like that is we all thought that carbon-based particles could only be found with water, but we recently discovered carbon in an exotic galaxy.
- Safari
I see your logic but I'm a realist by nature. I don't put much weight on hypothetical stretches of the imagination. So by your logic,sure, anything is possible. But by mine, hell no. In my world, the "cans" are established, validated, and enforced by the "can'ts".Therefore, for there to be an infinite number of "cans", there are inevitably an infinite, if not (infinite + x^n), number of "can'ts" that define and maintain the integrity of the "cans".

You can do (this) because you can't do (that) ..... if you get my drift.

But haven't the can'ts been replaced by the cans?

At first, women can't vote. Now they can.

Blacks couldn't vote, let alone run for office. Now they can, and have, and won.

So the can'ts are only restrained by contingencies. There's always a possible, however slight--even in a realists views--that something that can'tbe done now, can and will be done later.

That is why anything is possible. Only universals are concrete (Triangles are three sided; ice is colder than steam, etc). Everything else is fair game.

Yes anything is possible. If the mind can think it, it can be manifested.

But haven't the can'ts been replaced by the cans?

At first, women can't vote. Now they can.

Blacks couldn't vote, let alone run for office. Now they can, and have, and won.

So the can'ts are only restrained by contingencies. There's always a possible, however slight--even in a realists views--that something that can't be done now, can and will be done later.

That is why anything is possible. Only universals are concrete (Triangles are three sided; ice is colder than steam, etc). Everything else is fair game.
I feel inclined to argue against that point, though I may not win....

OK, for every can't-turned-can, isn't there another can't created? Think Yin-Yang theory. Now men CAN'T deny women the right to vote based on gender alone, right? Therefore, because they CAN'T discriminate based on gender, women CAN vote.

for those that say anything is possible...
i really want to fly dragon ball z fast without any sort of equipment, just how they do in the show.
can anyone help me?

^ Limitations? What limitations?

- Safari
limits huh?
L is the limit of f(x) as x approaches c if and only if for any epsilon > 0 there exists a delta > 0 such that if |x-c|< delta then |f(x)-L|<epsilon

actually i don't understand any of that i just saw that somewhere.
grin.gif

I don't think it works that way. Now it just sounds convoluted.

Once a can't is proven to be a can, it's a done deal. Of course, things may revert back to times of old where only men who owned property can vote, buteven still it has been done, so it's possible.

The only matters that can't be proven are other-worldy things. Merely on the fact that we're mortal. However numerous accounts have been made of peopleexperiencing out-of-body experiences where they were indeed in different realms. But since this is really all subjective, it can't really be empiricallyproven.

This is why religion is so hard to believe. It isn't palpable.

I don't think it works that way. Now it just sounds convoluted.

Once a can't is proven to be a can, it's a done deal.
466px-Yin_yang.svg.png
think about it like this... if you can define something -- an object, thought, feeling, or what have you, by describing what it is, then likewise you can also define that same thing by describing intotality, what it is NOT. Let's say the Yang (white area) is all of the cans and the Yin is all of the can'ts.. Theboundaries of the Yang are quite obviously enforced by the equal and opposing boundaries of the Yin, right? Do you see the push and pull relationship? There's a no for every yes and a can't for every can.

Yes, but those are universals.

For every p, there is a ~p.

You can't change that.
And since p is an unconditional variable, anything can be represented by p and likewise by -p. Youcan't change that fam.

I can't leave the seat up in my wife's bathroom and not get in trouble.

I can't jump naked into a pool of molten lava and emerge unharmed.

Not everything can be possible at any given time. But eventually everything is possible down the road.

Originally Posted by Hella Fresh007

for those that say anything is possible...
i really want to fly dragon ball z fast without any sort of equipment, just how they do in the show.
can anyone help me?

practice

Yes, basically 99.99999 percent of human beings life does not greatly exceed the same sort of class existence that they were born into. Grow up.

I definately believe that anything is possible. Ther's a proper way to acheive whatever it is you want to do, and a wrong way to go about trying. You haveto be a good thinker.

Back
Top Bottom