Is Cam wrong VOL.....ROUTES

DLjwrtpX0AAsQNk.jpg

SCAM is lost.

Kinda bizarre to me how women are constantly degraded in music and many women love the artists/songs, but once something like this happens that's not even intentionally disrespectful, people lose it. To compound it, some of that same music is played at games.

Reminds me a LOT of the backlash that Iverson got when he released his track.

It's almost like people view athletes as actual people but view musicians as characters or something, and don't take their words seriously.

I'm still confused with reebok signing and firing gangster rapper Rick Ross after the Molly line. Everything he raps about is illegal. How did they not know this going in.

Last edited:
its not hard to believe thats actually how he feels

on niketalk alone you hear guys saying someone is "acting like a woman", "female tendencies", " acting feminem" its pretty ridiculous the way some of you take being emotional and sensitive as only a female trait

thats that old way of thinking

Kinda bizarre to me how women are constantly degraded in music and many women love the artists/songs, but once something like this happens that's not even intentionally disrespectful, people lose it. To compound it, some of that same music is played at games.

It's almost like people view athletes as actual people but view musicians as characters or something, and don't take their words seriously.

I'm still confused with reebok signing and firing gangster rapper Rick Ross after the Molly line. Everything he raps about is illegal. How did they not know this going in.
they dont bother to listen to the lyrics. they only go for what is popular and current

Selective outrage

its not hard to believe thats actually how he feels

on niketalk alone you hear guys saying someone is "acting like a woman", "female tendencies", " acting feminem" its pretty ridiculous the way some of you take being emotional and sensitive as only a female trait

thats that old way of thinking

Nah

We comparing music to a press conference at your place of employment, now?

We really comparing a song to a one on one exchange between a man and a woman?

You don't see the difference between music and what happened here?

The whole 'but where was the outrage when _____' argument is trash, unless you got files detailing the track record of their outrage over certain issues. And even if you could prove that someone wasn't outraged over a song but was over Cam's comments, what does that do exactly? Like, how does that change the discussion exactly?

i think he saying more as dudes in here advocating for women but listen to future at the same time...

iono

i thought that comment was more directed to the posters in here not the situation

I'm looking at the overall reception of it. Cats like Wayne, Chris brown and dozens others are super flagrant when talking slick about women. Dude actually says 'these **** ain't loyal' and women couldn't live him more. Not saying that those are the same women condemning cam, but if cam is getting backlash and losing endorsements over something as little as this, what are those critics' views on the music? The way I see it, whether it's on a song or not, talking greasy is talking greasy, whether it's at a press conference or in the studio.
Ross lost his endorsement because he hinted towards date rape.... But his talks of drug dealing and murder was good to go.

Dak making a career out of cleaning up after other QB's

Cant even be mad at that, cam cant even b mad, u messed up, someone else steps up

Thats the game, get the money dak

We'll keep winning over here :hat keep pounding

don't know if this was posted or not, but the niners are 0-5.

Guys the music angle is so poorly thought out.

By some of yall logic, I must condone violence and drug trafficking in my community because those themes are glorified in some of the music I listen to.

Back
Top Bottom