Is Chauncey Billups a HOFer?

Hes won a chip, finals MVP, 5 time all star and has career averages of 15.5 points and 5.5 rebs. What do you guys think, does Mr. Big Shot deserve to be enshrined in the hall?

his stats aren't HoF worthy IMO but, he has been (and Paul Pierce) the most underrated player in the league throughout his career.

Originally Posted by DMan14

yes, comparable to joe dumars/dennis johnson type career.

Nope. Both of them had more chips (2 and 3 respectively) and more All-Star appearances and numerous DPoY awards.

I don't think he makes it - good career - yes, hall of fame, no.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

his stats aren't HoF worthy IMO but, he has been (and Paul Pierce) the most underrated player in the league throughout his career.
My post literally was gonna be if he is then so is Paul Pierce.

No chance unless he comes back next year and plays a huge role in the Clippers winning a title, which is probably a little far-fetched.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by DMan14

Nope. Both of them had more chips (2 and 3 respectively) and more All-Star appearances and numerous DPoY awards.

man, i thought billups had at least a few first team defense, but i was wrong.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

No chance unless he comes back next year and plays a huge role in the Clippers winning a title, which is probably a little far-fetched.

He still won't get in

not 1st ballot but def. worth consideration. Look how garbage the Pistons were after he left Detroit. He's def. very underrated esp. to win a Finals MVP against the Lakers at that.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

My post literally was gonna be if he is then so is Paul Pierce.
What!?!? Paul Pierce is definitely a Hall of Famer. Chauncey, not so much

Actually I was slightly wrong - neither of them got DPoY (slightly surprised about Joe D) but they had numerous first and second all-defensive team places.

Originally Posted by kdawg

DMan14 wrote:

DPOY and All Stars don't really mean all that much,I mean Serge Ibaka almost won, my point will be proven when Kobe is All Defense 1st team this year.

He's a HOF'er, he's better than Dennis Johnson, and he's better than Joe Dumars, Chauncey is one of those players that history won't respect because he's greatness doesn't easily show up in box scores.

Joe Dumars is someone who is consistently overrated in history because he played on a great team, same with Dennis Johnson.

Not in my opinion. But then again, I still think RIP deserved the finals MVP in 2004...

Either way, I think he would need to play a solid role for another championship if he would make it in.

Back
Top Bottom