Is Common a Legend?

Actually, he's been doing it since 1992 and over 15 years but who's counting?

He's produced quality product and has contributed to hip hop.

In addition, he has a "Best Of" album out, so yeah I would say he's a legend.

IMO, yes!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i agree time in the game doesn't equal a legend..

but he's put in serious work and is a hell of a rapper.

i say yes

if ya callin common a legend but ya gimme problems when i call mobb deep and fat joe, and LL cool J legends..i got a serious problem wit that...

especially when none of ya can honestly gimme a thoro run down of common's discography.....

Yea, hes definitely a legend. All started with take it ez, first song he got some air play on. Whats was that group called, where it had ms. badu, common, mos,talib, questlove, j dille, and some others?

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

especially when none of ya can honestly gimme a thoro run down of common's discography.....

Get the !+!% outta here!

its damn true though....legends like nas and jay-z ALWAYS gettin they debut albums praised and as well they should...common's debut don't move meas a "legend's born"

you can put ALOT of albums ahead of this.....

^ The thing is though, that's not the only thing he's ever done. And jay and nas' statuses aren't judged solely on one album either.

And for the record he's one of Chi-Towns Gods.
laugh.gif

i ain't gonna knock common at all...but if u gonna say just cuz duke's been doin it for more then a decade and wanna hand him a legend status, but turnaround and crap on mobb deep and fat joe, who in my opinion been around just as long and have a stronger discography then thats not fair at all....

dont agree with Fat Joe being a legend.

but you already know i'm giving Mobb Deep that title.

Hells Yeah! I'm glad dude gettin his shine on right now. Long overdue....Movies..awards... and getting the money he deserves.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

i ain't gonna knock common at all...but if u gonna say just cuz duke's been doin it for more then a decade and wanna hand him a legend status, but turn around and crap on mobb deep and fat joe, who in my opinion been around just as long and have a stronger discography then thats not fair at all....

LL is a legend unquestionably. he inspired so many rap cats and been puttin in work since the 80's

mobb deep has a deep discography and a classic under their belt but i would hesitate to call them legends. IMO their sound, style, persona, etc was aroundalready before they came on so they didnt really bring anything innovative. we already had the dark sounding production (rza), mobster personas (raekwon),gritty lyricists (nas) but they did a damn good job at it. plus, lately, P has been pullin some real #%%+@ moves and been steadily dismantling the name hebuilt for himself in the 90's
now fat joe. theres no question that common > fat joe. joey in DITC was dope. ill admit, i never heard his first albumbut jealous ones envy is dope as hell. the one after that (i forgot the name) was cool but not great. jealous ones still envy sucked IMO and after that pointhe fell off. he switched up his sound, style way too much. i swear, if i had no idea who fat joe was and heard one of his songs on the radio today, i wouldthink hes from miami. theres no way you can call joe a legend. his been in the game for a long time and put out one of the best lyricists hip hop has ever seen(pun) but theres no way he's touchin legendary status. longevity does not equal legend

common's first joint was good for a debut. people might knock it but they cant say it was bad. his 2nd, resurrection, is a classic without a doubt.production, lyrics, everything was on point. one day it'll all make sense was aight IMO nothing special there. like water for chocolate is another classic.the album is perfect. electric circus was a strong album. be is also a classic. just like "like water for chocolate", be is perfect. FF was also astrong effort. a great album and one of the best of 07.

so out of 7 albums, com has 3 classics under his belt, 2 very strong albums, and 2 good albums. thats consistency. this man has been around for 15 years andhas not put out 1 bad album yet. thats legendary if you ask me. i think he just needs some more time in the spot light before people recognize this because hesbeen gettin mainstream recognition since "be" only. when people get to know him, they'll realize how great he really is

com has 3 classics under his belt

GOOD QUESTION MAN.........TUFF QUESTION.......I MEAN COMMON IS THAT DUDE.......ON HIS GRIND FOR A HOT 2 SECONDS......IMA SAY NO THOUGH AND ITS ONLY ANOPINION.......BUT HES CLOSE 2 IT.........QUESTION I HAVE IS........WOULD COMMON BE AS RELEVANT IN THIS GENERATIONS HIP-HOP IF IT WASNT FOR YE WIZZLE'S(KANYE WEST) PRODUCTION??????????.........I ASK BECAUSE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT COMMON BUT NOT TALIB KWELI WHO I BELIEVE IS IN THE SAME BOAT AS COMMON........

Back
Top Bottom