Is console gaming nearing it's end?

Yeah, but this generation will be a hell of a way to go out. PC gaming and mobile gaming is the new wave. PS4 will probably last 10 or so years before they stop supporting it.

been a console gamer since day 1 but im thinking about becoming a pc gamer

can a noob get the pros and cons of pc gaming?

Yeah, but this generation will be a hell of a way to go out. PC gaming and mobile gaming is the new wave. PS4 will probably last 10 or so years before they stop supporting it.

Makes sense. Sony is committed to supporting the PS3 till at least 2016.

Why would it be nearing its end?

If your brother likes playing console games.. then buy him a console.

If he likes playing PC games, buy him a PC.
He likes playing both.  He doesn't have a preference either way.

I think it's nearing it's end because they are this point only improving on the same functions without much serious innovation.  Until they brake into virtual reality for reals (which very well may just be it's own thing entirely) they haven't much left to add on to.
He doesn't have certain games he'd rather play on one system or the other? For example my younger brother is always on Madden, NBA 2k, or COD. There's Skyrim and some PC games in the house but he doesn't really mess with them.

I see what you're saying about innovation. But there are always going to be people like my brother who enjoy playing console games, and will continue to for as long as they make them.

Someone made a good point, maybe you personally just outgrew consoles. I assume you've probably been following the video game market for 20+ years, of course it will start to seem stale to you after a while. But you could give a 4-year old kid an SNES right now and they would have a blast. It's not like the consoles we play now will get less fun just because newer stuff comes out. Even if they made virtual reality it would probably cost thousands of dollars and the average person would still just cop an Xbox 1 or PS4.
You have a point.  The sports games (FIFA especially) bring him to the console.  But he (dads kid, the one whose birthday is soon) loves watching movies (for free) and soccer clips on the computer.

As for outgrowing consoles, on my part that is 100% true.  The last console I got was the PS2 and I barely was interested in copping the PS3 or 360.  My other lil brother (moms other child) has a 360 of his own and he barely plays it (he loves minecraft).  I dunno, perhaps my own feelings toward console gaming is clouding my judgement.

I know he will be hyped for any new editions of FIFA but he still spends equal time watching soccer stuff with me on my laptop.

son if he likes fifa like that then trust ....nothing could replace my madden days as a git and even 2k nowadays .....nothing and take it from me i played 2k for like 6 hours str8 yesterday ....i was customizing stuff not even playing in game for most of that time

i chilled at home all day with my bm and baby i dont always play like that anymore but still most days ill play atleast once

get dat ps4 with fifa every year i dont even like soccer but thats a good game just by the support it has

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom