Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

Jerry West, george gervin, Iverson, Drexler, Dumars. I dont know if hes better than those guys, but he does have the rings to back it up

Jerry West, george gervin, Iverson, Drexler, Dumars. I dont know if hes better than those guys, but he does have the rings to back it up

I think he is better than all of these guys. I would say yes Wade is arguabally the 3rd best SG of all time.

He's not even close to West yet.
End of thread. I remember reading an article that pointed out that if there was actually a 3 point line for Wests entire career he would be the NBAs all time leading scorer. He won finals MVP WHILE LOSING.....

- basketball Hall of Fame
- member of one NBA championship team
- fifth all-time in free throws made in NBA history
- seventh all-time in free throws attempted in NBA history
- seventh all-time in minutes per game in NBA history
- fifth all-time in points per game in NBA history
- 14-time NBA All-Star
- NBA Finals MVP
- 12-time All-NBA selection
- five-time NBA All-Defensive Team selection

No disrespect to Wade but I'm going Logo.
I never understood all time questions regarding sports. I have never see full games of Jerry West and George Gervin so I have no right to even compare and most people under the age of 45 can't really either
This is true, but some things are no contest. Like Raymond Felton isnt better than Oscar Robertson by any stretch of the imagination. Certain things can be debated even when you dont have a wealth of first hand knowledge to go by.

Last edited:
End of thread. I remember reading an article that pointed out that if there was actually a 3 point line for Wests entire career he would be the NBAs all time leading scorer. He won finals MVP WHILE LOSING.....

This is true, but some things are no contest. Like Raymond Felton isnt better than Oscar Robertson by any stretch of the imagination. Certain things can be debated even when you dont have a wealth of first hand knowledge to go by.

He will go down as top 7. I think he's amazing but too much of his success is directly tied to the officials. And I hate him. But he's all time great and most SG's in this era suck

No centers and no SG's :smh:. Yeah yeah the game evolved, save it :tongue:

Everything I read about Jerry west makes me think he was amazing. In this day and age though he would be a like able Arod. Or the Atlanta braves. He would get destroyed by fans and media.

he is right behind jerry west at number 4
west career is comparable to kobe as far as accomplisment. obviously, kobe has more rings

Last edited:

Wade is better than all those guys except Jerry West and Iverson (but Iverson wasn't a SG).

I would say Wade is fourth all time.

Wade is better than all those guys except Jerry West and Iverson (but Iverson wasn't a SG).
I would say Wade is fourth all time.
ahh...what position did iverson play? eric snow was point for most of those years on that 76ers team...

and point guards dont take 30 shots a game.....

If we are talking hypothetical games of one on one, or possibly prime season, or 2 rings to 1 then fine.

But we all know "GOAT" lists in pro sports come with career resumes whether we like it or not.

MJ may have surpassed West after nine seasons in the L because of 3 titles, 3 MVPs, 7 first-team selections, and 7 seasons ranked 1 in PER in that span.

But D Wade is not passing Jerry West on SG lists after nine seasons in the league.

Back
Top Bottom