is it dumb to try and learn to skate at age 21?

i got a friend who told me today he wanted to learn to skate. i always wished i knew how, so i told him we'd both try n learn at the same time. i know afew dudes that skate, but they ain't close friends like that. everyone i know that skates has been skating since like 11 years old. is it dumb to go outand buy a (cheap) skate deck when me and my friend are 21, with intent to learn how to skate?

if you were 30 thats a different story im pretty sure there are 21 year old skaters out there just as they are trying to learn new tricks it would be like youguys learning the basics never to late to learn anything

I don't give a damn what anybody says, I'm 26 and I just started skating last summer.

NAW MY DOOT, IT AINT DUMB BUT AT THIS STAGE IN THE GAME, YOU AINT GOT HEAL LIKE YOU USED TO UNLESS YOU ALL KUNG FUD TAI CHID OUT DRINKING GREEN TEAS LATTES ANDWHATNOT. GOOD LUCK !

WHY IS YOU SO MAD, MY DOOT ? I'M JUST SAYING WASUP. THATS ALL.
BUT YEAH, BACK TO THE POST, TRY FINDING SOME SKATERS THAT IS REALLY GOOT CAUSE THATWILL HELP EXCELLERATE THE RATE AT WHICH YOU PROGRESS (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

nope i was 18 last year when i just started. i always wanted to learn to skate but just never bought a skateboard and then finally i tried it and like it alot.

i started to learn to skate 7 years ago(i was 12) and stopped ASAP when i busted my head trying to do some crazy **** down some stairs..
smh.gif

can anyone tell me how i can learn if i really don't have anyone to teach me like that? i'm not tryna win the X-games, i just want a new hobby that ican work on.

plus i got all these SB's layin around collectin dust
laugh.gif

I just learned how to a couple months back and i'm 20. Bought a board and everything and it's a lot of fun. I'm not looking to get real serious andbust out tricks i just like to go up and down the block on it or while at a friends house or something.

Man, i'm 22 and finally got my kickflips to actually flip yesterday. I was pumped. My little brother skates and he has for like 7 years so its nice to beable to skate with him.

Go ahead. It all depends on how much time you put into. Just don't expect to be Tony Hawk though.
can anyone tell me how i can learn if i really don't have anyone to teach me like that? i'm not tryna win the X-games, i just want a new hobby that i can work on.

laugh.gif

Watch tapes of people boarding, read up online. People are always willing to help out if you ask. That's how I learned to snowboard.

^ why the %#@% are you PMing me?

He probably thinks that's you in the avy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

WHY IS YOU SO MAD, MY DOOT ? I'M JUST SAYING WASUP. THATS ALL.
BUT YEAH, BACK TO THE POST, TRY FINDING SOME SKATERS THAT IS REALLY GOOT CAUSE THAT WILL HELP EXCELLERATE THE RATE AT WHICH YOU PROGRESS (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

the **** is a doot? lame

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

can anyone tell me how i can learn if i really don't have anyone to teach me like that? i'm not tryna win the X-games, i just want a new hobby that i can work on.

laugh.gif

The only advice I can tell you is to just keep skating and learn how to turn and maneuver your board before you even start trying to ollie

I still don't know how to swim...I just can't tread water for nothing in the world.
ohwell.gif

And im pretty athletic if that means anything.

I'm still gonna try..you should try to skate. its pretty fun.

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

WHY IS YOU SO MAD, MY DOOT ?
TRY FINDING SOME SKATERS THAT IS REALLY GOOT

!#@ .....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but yea...go ahead who cares how old you are when you start

Back
Top Bottom