Is it fair for BET to just support 1 side? (election wise)

I'm a obama supporter but watching bet right now and their programming is all obama wise. So I know its black etertainment television but for them to justsupport 1 side seems wrong. Should their be a white television channel and have them just support Mccain? I support obama but just was wondering

No, its not fair. All the younger audience channels such as MTV, MTV2, BET, etc are all sided towards Obama.

At least they're an entertainment with a distinct audience portraying a point of view that should be popular with their viewers.

They're not pretending to be a fair and balanced news channel.

Fair & Balanced..."We report. You decide."

laugh.gif

They're not pretending to be a fair and balanced news channel.

exactly. they never said "BET, the most fair and balanced news station"

it's a channel that shows hip hop music. it's aimed at young people. and just like MTV, local hip hop/pop radio stations, and any other media aimed atyoung people, they support Obama. just like they supported Kerry.

dumb thread, not everything is about race.

I don't think they have to there are other stations that just support one side also. They do need to bring it down some though, just wait and see whathappens if Obama wins. Yesterday Terrance got me a little upset on 106 though, they had the kids from GA I think who made that song "Vote However YouLike" perform and after he said something like if I were McCain I wouldn't want to run against you guys. Which took away from their whole concept ofthe song.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No its not fair, its like they're brainwashing everyone into voting forSenator Obama. They should encourage people to learn about both candidates and vote based on which candidate has the best policies for them specifically...It's funny, but if you don't like it...don't watch BET
laugh.gif

[/color]

FOX News is the only conservative media outlet on television. How can you get mad for what they program? They have to cater to an audience that has no othernetwork to voice their opinions and viewpoints.

BET is garbage anyway. They are making it about race especially on 106 and Park.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

You must never seen Fox News before.
Umm, yes I have. I hate the network as well but it is needed to balance out the liberal garbage that we are fed.

You must never seen Fox News before.

But, I do agree BET is beyond trash. But that should be the last place you should be looking for political views though.
laugh.gif

Eh....go watch Sean Hannity if you want your right-wing fix.

Most people under 30 tend to be liberal and sway towards the left. MTV and BET cater to those audiences....therefore........
It's all about satisfying your demographic and keeping your ratings as high as possible.

People are really arguing weather or not BET should equally endorse both candidates......eh
laugh.gif
If the republican ideology and party appealed more to the black viewers and people who ran the station, maybe they would. But The 99% white crowds at theMcCain rallies are not exactly appealing. The republican brand needs an image overhaul before BET takes them seriously.

If you're lookin 2 BET 4 political insight, you:

A) Wear a helmet full-time
B) Are 16 or less
C) Are completely and totally uninformed othawise
D) All of the above

I'm sorry but i have to get this out

i think its so dumb that black people are supporting obama because hes black, now I'm not saying that that's the only reason but i can guarantee that2-5 young black males support him because hes black and its just really annoying yes I'm white no I'm not raciest and no i don't care if you thinki am

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i think its so dumb that black people are supporting obama because hes black, now I'm not saying that that's the only reason but i can guarantee that 2-5 young black males support him because hes black and its just really annoying yes I'm white no I'm not raciest and no i don't care if you think i am

That is where you stopped being credible. Im sure there are alot of people voting against Obama because he is black. Whats your point? You are allowed to votefor any ground you feel like voting on. 99% of the country is dumb anyways so ofcourse trivial things will matter to voters.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i think its so dumb that black people are supporting obama because hes black, now I'm not saying that that's the only reason but i can guarantee that 2-5 young black males support him because hes black and its just really annoying yes I'm white no I'm not raciest and no i don't care if you think i am
There is nothing racist about what your at all, your speaking the truth. I know a lot of black dudes openly telling me they voting for Obamabecause he is black.
tired.gif
It just sad, they be telling me that *+$ like itscool or something. But there are white people voting for McCain because he is white, samething right?

I'm black btw.

Originally Posted by potus2028

If you're lookin 2 BET 4 political insight, you:

A) Wear a helmet full-time
B) Are 16 or less
C) Are completely and totally uninformed othawise
D) All of the above
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My response to the OP: see Fox News

Back
Top Bottom